Snow flakes

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

Not had much yet but got these snow flakes, hopefully will get some good snow to improve these shots.

3244909398_594cfb4b17_o.jpg

3244081603_e73153a980_o.jpg

3244908500_73447a2a16_o.jpg

They look like the ones I took with my phone earlier :exit:

Seriously, I tried something similar earlier and nearly put it in my 365, no way I'm showing them now.

Hi Alby

These are lovely - would you mind telling this newbie how you took them please.

Thanks

Alison :)

Thanks folks, I took these with the Canon 40d and the MP-e 65 macro lens, and lighting was with my MT24 ex macro twin lite, shutter 1/200, f9 and flash at 1/16 power.
Thanks for looking.

Glad to see your on form Alby
1&2 for me (y)
not much in 3 to hold my attention I am afraid though

These are superb - so much so that it inspired me to have a go..............

...........tried this on the same settings with my Sigma 105 and a 450d. Not even close. Could you point me in the right direction cos i am soooo lost.

Thanks for looking folks and your comments are very much appreciated ;)
James you need to get more magnification your 105 can give you. These were taken at between 3x and 5x life-size. Using a full set of extension tubes will only give you 2x with your 105 so a raynox clipon lens or a mp-e 65 to boost your magnification would be needed.

Ajophotog - thanks for the insight -so not only do i need to spend £300 on a lens, i now need to buy some extension tubes as well? Any chance you could post me a link to somewhere i could find these additional drains on my bank account?

Yes that's it but I would suggest the dcr250 first as it's cheaper and on the 105 will give you enough magnification, they are not the easiest to use but with practise are superb value. Don't mix up the raynox with other cheap screw on macro filters which are terrible.

Yes that's it but I would suggest the dcr250 first as it's cheaper and on the 105 will give you enough magnification, they are not the easiest to use but with practise are superb value. Don't mix up the raynox with other cheap screw on macro filters which are terrible.

Thanks for all your advice - as a total newbie, its really appreciated. (y)

I really don't like you :LOL::LOL: just scanning through and shouted at my husband as I just saw you'd posted some snowflakes and thought - these are going to be good. And you don't disappoint do you

Back