except he lay down on the land
what he carries in his hand—
be it staff or be it bow—
and bless him with his elbow
and come out with this litany
with devotion and sincerity
to speak the praises of the hare;
Then the man will better fare.

Rich this is a monster derail:whistle:,we'll probably both be hung drawn and................
but hares and me ,I can't not say TA can I

Mate I know nothing of the video the words,all completely new. thank you !! I have all but deliberately not read about hares,I know little of folk lore,of biology of much really. I sort of wanted to not be cluttered to see through only my eyes,to try and work 'em out myself,is that weird:)

There's some very strange irony in the words above and moi. Rich, I get called witch on site:LOL: ,well c'mon no one can work with silicone it has to to be practiced by folks into the black arts My encounters with hares.......... I sort of liberally speaking do laydown what I carry and do sort of bless 'em (Ok steal their souls with my image of them,tis sort of blessing almost lol.. There's def devotion and sincererity in how I feel, I'm bloody unsure about how i'm faring though !!

Hare's and witch craft I can see why they have become woven into our folklore ,I can see it in them,no way can I articulate it ,

Hare's and witches.......................................................... you're ' aving a laugh

_70F9628 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Thanks mate that was lovely to watch/read hear ,

Look on the bright side @Stuart Philpott , if you one day take a photograph of a hare and it turns out to be an image of a naked woman at least you have the makings of an excuse! ;)

Nearly right, puss (ie hare) is a witches familiar rather than a witch itself ;)
In UK folklore some witches are apparently able to shape-shift into the form of a hare. Some witches were also allegedly able to take the form of a black cat, but if they did this 9 times they would remain as a cat. It is thought that this is one of the origins of the belief that cats have 9 lives.

So there we go, a brief trip off topic via hares and folklore, and now back to cats again. :)

Last edited:
Back