Snow Leopard.

Edit My Images
Yes
I bought my first Mac recently, 24" iMac and the seller suggested leaving installing SL until the bugs are sorted out. Any SL users here and what do you think?

I'm using it and haven't encountered any problems so far.. they've just released an update too :)

its been buggy for us on our new machines network wise.

plus canon drivers are slow to come out as they didnt have a pre-release copy to develop on according to our canon printer rep.

There's just been an update which has sorted some niggles. Not experiencing any problems myself, apart from Aperture was hanging for a few seconds, with the 'spinning wheel of death' whenever I switched to another program, then returned. It was on the list of fixes in the update, so hopefully resolved now.

I've had no problems with it, the latest release 10.6.2 came out the other day and in the release notes there was this 'a graphics distortion in Safari Top Sites' thats the only thing i picked up on.

I've not had any problems with it and I've had it since launch day.

There's no particular reason not to install 10.6, especially now that the 10.6.2 update is out - It (10.6) also liberates a very sizeable chunk of HD space after installation.

-Rob

I installed SL when it was released, and it didn't have the driver for my HP deskjet. Overcame the problem by using the driver from my Leopard disc...

At release, maybe, now, plug in a Canon printer and the driver installs via Software Update.

I've just installed two different Canon printers in the last week or so, one was networked as standard.

Looks like Canon extracted the digit and got the drivers over to Apple for release.

-Rob

I installed SL when it was released, and it didn't have the driver for my HP deskjet. Overcame the problem by using the driver from my Leopard disc...

Yeah HP....

They decided to use 10.6 as an excuse to stop supporting a number of popular inkjets, maybe in the hope people would be daft enough to buy a new one? Who knows? I just downloaded the 2.7.1 driver for up to and including 10.5 and installed that....

Works just fine... :cautious:

-Rob

Yeah HP....

They decided to use 10.6 as an excuse to stop supporting a number of popular inkjets, maybe in the hope people would be daft enough to buy a new one? Who knows? I just downloaded the 2.7.1 driver for up to and including 10.5 and installed that....

Works just fine... :cautious:

-Rob

Yeah, it certainly looked like they were trying to get people to buy new printers. I'd only had mine for about a month! I just did a quick search on the Apple forums, and found the solution. I wasn't impressed though! Just a cheap printer, but that's not the point. :bonk:

At release, maybe, now, plug in a Canon printer and the driver installs via Software Update.

I've just installed two different Canon printers in the last week or so, one was networked as standard.

Looks like Canon extracted the digit and got the drivers over to Apple for release.

-Rob

CLC models with a fiery box? we've got nothing come through either way yet..

Can't speak for the higher end esoterica personally, but you were right, on release day there were sweet ** as far as useful Canon drivers on the 10.6 release disk, I just gave it a go out of idle curiosity a week to ten days ago and the drivers downloaded as I said, via Software Update.

I will freely admit that 10.6 was released too early, and whilst it worked, there were one too many 'gumdrop of deaths' for my liking, now, at 10.6.2 it's were it should have been released.

-Rob

Only problem I had when upgrading was Firefox ran like a dog. It would load, then sit with a beachball for 2 minutes before continuing as normal again.

Internet searches suggested it was some sort of proxy issue, but nothing I did would cure it.

Until I wiped the complete machine and put a fresh install on. Hey presto, speed issues gone!

SL seems to work a little quicker (not a great deal so), and it does save a lot of disk space. Biggest improvement I've seen is in switching off, it takes about 3 seconds now from clicking shutdown to it actually powering off (on a 12 month old macbook).

No probs here, although I only upgraded a few days ago.

Appears slightly slicker, and the grid view of application / document tabs is nice.

Searching appears more efficient also.

Had to jump thrugh hoops to get my Epson 9900 to work... other than that and some fairly easily resolved issues with a couple of plug-ins it's been tickity boo!

Back