Snow snow snow contrast contrast contrast

Edit My Images
Yes
I know everyone's doing it but I decided to join in too. I took a few snaps out in the snow today of things around my garden. Out of the camera they were pretty flat so I decided to ignore realism and give them all a bit of a punch :D.

I think I may have gone a bit mad on some of these :nuts:. Any comments would be awesome.

Good set, #1 and #2 for me for the dof in use and the slightly abstract nature of #1!

#5 is a little confused in my eyes but #3 and #4's green stand out well

Have to agree to is superb.

Thanks for the lovely replies everyone, I'm glad you like them. I think 2 is sort of a strange poppy exoskeleton but I can't be sure. Botany isn't my strong point :D.

I like #2 best too, f3.5 is too shallow really and a slower shutter or diffused flash with an aperture of f11 would have helped this shot I think. Still I do like it though (y)

Number 2 and Number 5 are my favorites... like that extra bit of contrast in the last one (y)

Thanks everyone. Ajophotog, you have a good point I really should have attempted that. My only excuse is that I decided to do this spontaneously and never thought of grabbing my flash. I could of course lie and say I went for an abstract look :whistle:. I may be able to try again tomorrow depending on conditions.

I did give it another go in the end but because of where they were a tripod really hampered me. Even when I did get it roughly in position I couldn't really get the balance right with DoF vs Sharpness factor. I made a few others but as you can see they are pretty dull:

1 - unoriginal

2 - wonky

3 - prefer the angle on the previous version posted

Back