Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
....drop
Been having a play with my new light tent (£10 of fleabay)
and my mini spots ( £12 the pair from B&Q)
40D & 100mm 2.8 macro lens
C&C appriciated
Ta

Snowdrop.jpg

Not bad for starters, a little bit of reflecting in the petals but I'm sure you will perfect the craft. Looks like it could have been a good buy I reckon Chris (y)

Not bad for starters, a little bit of reflecting in the petals but I'm sure you will perfect the craft. Looks like it could have been a good buy I reckon Chris (y)

Cheers Alby I wondered what the "glitter" was

I think the reflections add to it, make it look all glittery, shame snowdrops do not have six petals

Thanks (y)

I like the glitter too but as for the dodgy background...is that a sea urchin of all things??:thinking::LOL:

I like the glitter too but as for the dodgy background...is that a sea urchin of all things??:thinking::LOL:

well I had to stick it in something as it kept falling over and that was the smallest thing available :D

now I know I know bugger all about weeds with faces, you call them flowers? :thinking:
but aren't snowdrops meant to be white? this one looks a bit blue...:shrug:

now I know I know bugger all about weeds with faces, you call them flowers? :thinking:
but aren't snowdrops meant to be white? this one looks a bit blue...:shrug:

Yep your right I am still practicing with the tiny stuff ( and my mini-studio) its a reflection of the background

How about putting a "collar" round the stem and then scraping some "frost" out of the freezer and sprinkling that on the card and then taking the picture - or put the card collar in the freezer first to give you a few extra seconds

Good plan (y)

I like it. especially the glittery petals!

Chris try this.... take one of the centre petals off so you can see into the flower side on and shot the stamen from the side looking into the flower, I reckon it will be pretty neat ;)

Back