Snowdon Sunrise

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
Hello all and hope you are all well, managed to have some settled weather over Snowdon over the Easter break, this is one of my favourite locations at sunrise.

DSC_1854.jpg

DSC_1968.jpg

Thanks for looking (y)

Last edited:
Cheers Will/Peter. I once read that its always better to get the clouds coming towards you when shooting long Exposure, coming from East to west which is unusual for this part of Wales.

Last edited:
I prefer one. The clouds and reflections are too strong for me and my eyes go funny. It might be better the bigger it's viewed though.

Hi Kevin,
Where were those taken? I've been racing off to Ogwen valley for last few weeks and my eyes (let alone my camera) can't find a nice sunrise.

Lovely job, especially #2 because its quite unusual. Long exposure on clouds is a great idea.

lovely shots, second being my fav :)

Thank you (y)
#2 is brilliant love it, #1 is also a great shot but is totally eclipsed by #2

Thank you (y)
Matt
MWHCVT

Number 2 is fantastic, I've just got a D5000, something to aspire too...

Thank you and yes its a great camera to work with (y)

I prefer one. The clouds and reflections are too strong for me and my eyes go funny. It might be better the bigger it's viewed though.

Yes it played with my eyes a little too, Thanks for taking the time to comment

Hi Kevin,
Where were those taken? I've been racing off to Ogwen valley for last few weeks and my eyes (let alone my camera) can't find a nice sunrise.

Hello Phil its on the the other side of Snowdon from where you are going at the moment, #1 is Nantille lake #2 is further up the valley at Rhyd Ddu, one of my favourite places to be at sunrise, thanks for your feed back too (y)

Lovely job, especially #2 because its quite unusual. Long exposure on clouds is a great idea.

Thank you for your comments

Well Ive never thought of that, you learn something every day (y)

#2 for me, lovely cloud movement, how long was the exposure?

Thanks Dave the exposure was around 2min, thanks for looking (y)

Last edited:
Hello Phil its on the the other side of Snowdon from where you are going at the moment, #1 is Nantille lake #2 is further up the valley at Rhyd Ddu, one of my favourite places to be at sunrise, thanks for your feed back too (y)

Ooo, sunrise then the Nantille ridge for a good leg workout. Sounds very interesting.

I like no.2, thanks for the other comments it's always nice to learn something new, I'll have to try that myself.

No2 is stonking. Looks like the clouds are trying to jump right at you. (y)

No2 is a cracker your photography seems to be coming on in leaps and bounds, well done Kevin.(y)

Thank you for your kind words much appreciated (y)

NO.2 is amazing!! 2 min exposure but with what filter?

Thank you for your feed back I used my B+W 110stop filter :)

No2 is stonking. Looks like the clouds are trying to jump right at you. (y)

Thank you for the feedback (y)

What lens did you take 2 with?

I used a Nikon 10-24mm DX AF-S, i had it set at 10mm too (y)

Fellow members I thank you all for your comments and support

Cheers

Kevin (y)

#1 is super, wish I'd taken it.
#2 made me say WOW !! out loud. It's an absolute stunner, print it big and display it..

top work there lad, Nantlle is a favourite location of mine too.

#1 is super, wish I'd taken it.
#2 made me say WOW !! out loud. It's an absolute stunner, print it big and display it..

Thank you Trevor (y)

top work there lad, Nantlle is a favourite location of mine too.

Thank you Alan I may see you around one day I'm out and about a lot too, If you see a silver Toyota Rav4 cutting around early hours its probably me :):LOL:

Love them. Going up there with the wife soon to accomplish my two favourite hobbies.....hiking & photography :)

Thanks for the share.

Thank you Alan I may see you around one day I'm out and about a lot too, If you see a silver Toyota Rav4 cutting around early hours its probably me :):LOL:

Likewise with a Green Civic coupe (or occasionally a Green RAV4 depending how remote I'm going)! :D

fantastic shots, 1 is nice and relaxing and 2 so much drama

LOVING NUMBER 2, wow my eyes popped or something there :p

Thanks for feed back (y)

fantastic shots, 1 is nice and relaxing and 2 so much drama

Thank you and i'm glad you enjoyed them (y)

Really like the second one. If you shot in Raw I'd try and pull back some of the blown highlights if you ever print it, but its still excellent.

Yes it was shot in Raw i have done some PP but must admit the original is not to bad straight from camera too, thanks for your feed back (y)

first is my favourite for the colours and serenity. second is beautiful but I can't look at it for long. I know this is pretty much what others have already said but I wanted to say it again. (y)

Back