Snowdonia National Park (second post)

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
A Few from the Snowdonia National park, taken last year in pretty poor conditions, but I tried to make the best of it :) Taken with a Nikon D300 and either 17-55 or 10-20 lenses.

Again, hope you like.

dsc6505.jpg

dsc6531j.jpg

dsc6537z.jpg

dsc6545.jpg

dsc6572c.jpg

dsc6585b.jpg

Considering how grey the sky was I think they're great. Did you use any filtering? If so what? If not then I'm interested to hear your tale.

Thanks PCPhil.

Actually, I left my Lee Grads at home, and on arriving and seeing the sky, thought I'd have to bracket and HDR merge later.

However, luckily when rummaging through my kit bag for my corded remote for the camera, I came across my old Cokin P 0.9 Gradual ND filter, which I didn't even know was in there. On some of the shots it could have done with a little more filtration, but as the mountains intersected the grad line, I thought it might show too much.

Luckily I shot in Raw and the Camera (a D300) gives a pretty impressive overhead for DR recovery, to the rest was done in PP (Nikon Capture NX2).

Last edited:
First two are from a viewpoint I've not seen before - I like them :)
Nice to see shots of Snowdonia without a main road in them.

Also loving the first shot of Ogwen Falls - excellent colours and composition.

Ha ha Viki, parked up on the layby at the side of the A5 by any chance :LOL:

As it wasn't raining when I was there (just cold and overcast), I climbed thorugh a stile just a few hundered yards from the layby and crossed the dry stone wall for these views.

Last edited:
Really liking #4,with a tripod and a long exposure it would have looked amazing!

Back