Snowdonia.....or rather Cwm Idwall.. as always C&C welcome.. edits added

Edit My Images
Yes
Yep more from the Snowdon area but it is lovely and it was a really nice day on sat even though it did begin to cloud over a bit.

3304944154_f91eba2652_o.jpg

And

3304120215_de9b89ded9_o.jpg

Think there needs to be more contrast in the background to stop it becoming a bit of a mush if you know what I mean........you probably don`t:help: :LOL:

Last edited:
No 1 definitely for me, the cloud just adds that "snowdonia feel" to the shot...

To be honest No 2 doesn't really work much for me, the light glancing the mountains is nice but there's too much dark foreground, especially for a mono...maybe worth posting the colour version to see how the two compare

simon

Great shots.(y) #1 is beautiful and my favourite, love that moody cloud. Not sure if it would benefit from a minute bit of straightening.
#2 when I was scrolling down to it I didn't go far enough but when I did I then felt that perhaps it could do with a slight crop at the bottom.

#1 v. nice indeed! #2 could (as already said) do with a crop at the bottom to remove some of the dark foreground.

No. 1 for me (y). I love Snowdonia - my fav location. I just wish I lived a little closer. Lincolnshire to Snowdonia isn't really one of those "I'm just popping out for a quick photo my dear" type journeys :(

Cheers people I will look at cropping the second shot and reposting, Simon i`ll also post the colour as well.

Thanks guys.

Nice light and colours in that first one.

I don't like most monos at the best of times so I'm never going to appreciate #2.

As promised a couple of edits......

3309074020_b4a420786d_o.jpg

3308244573_9662909466_o.jpg

Thinking about it I think I prefer the colour version......though I need to sort out that sky.

I prefer the colour version of 2 but must admit I'm still struggling with it, too much dark foreground and the rock "features" blend in too much, I think with some nice foreground lighting it would be much better

Damn never thought about flash.....your right that would have improved matters somewhat, thanks Simon.

I really really like number 2, especially with the crop. It's nice to see something different and it really brings the textures out.

I agree with others that #2 with the crop is better, I also prefer the colour version. The blue in the sky contrasts well with the clouds and it's great how blue is reflected in the loch. Beautiful(y)

no.2 works for me, like both colour version as well as the b&w.

Your horizontal line is out in the first.

I do like the second, and your original version works best for me.

Back