Snowman Rally

I'll be there, what stages you on?

Anyone else going, possible mini meet??

Not sure yet, should be seeing Bruce tomorrow ;)

I'm no expert on cars but here's my shots from last year, shutter speed probably slightly too high on most :(

http://www.dodspics.com/gallery/Snowman 2006/index.html

I had a look at them before and they are great compared to what i have taken so far. What kit you got? I am told it is my lens that is letting me down just now because i only have the kit lens that came with the camera but it will have to do as i cant afford to buy another lens:crying: .

Ross, thanks for the info. My father was heavily involved in the HCC back in the fifties and helped to organise the very first Snowman Rally which I believe he won. I also marshalled on it back in the seventies and had great fun!

Thanks to the link I have just spoken to the Club President and she is going to try and dig out some more information and hopefully some pictures from the first event. She said that she was sure she saw my Dad's name on one of the trophies which they are collecting in readiness for next weeks rally. There is a small black and white image on the webpage which covers the history of the Snowman Rally and the starter with the flag looks like my Dad but it is too small for me to be certain.

Thanks again for memories and hopefully I'll be able to give an update in a few weeks!

. What kit you got? I am told it is my lens that is letting me down just now
Those were all 20D and Sigma 70-200 F2.8

I wouldn't be too quick to condemn the kit lens, I've seen some pretty good results with it. Tell you what, I'll PM you my mobile number and you can have a shot of the sigma if you want, I'll warn you though, it's not pretty anymore :LOL:

Those were all 20D and Sigma 70-200 F2.8

I wouldn't be too quick to condemn the kit lens, I've seen some pretty good results with it. Tell you what, I'll PM you my mobile number and you can have a shot of the sigma if you want, I'll warn you though, it's not pretty anymore :LOL:

Cheers. I would love to see what results i get with a different lens. I will pm you my number too.

Not long now till i will be standing at the side of the stage watching rally cars flying past and getting high on super unleaded:LOL:

I have heard that all the snow has now gone so it will be back to wet gravel, was hoping a bit of snow would look nice in rally photos but there is always next year or the Border Counties rally in march.

Not long now till i will be standing at the side of the stage watching rally cars flying past and getting high on super unleaded:LOL:

I have heard that all the snow has now gone so it will be back to wet gravel, was hoping a bit of snow would look nice in rally photos but there is always next year or the Border Counties rally in march.

Yep, snows pretty much gone, saturday's forecast is sunny/cloudy and light winds, could be ideal conditions :D Hoping to cover a bit of SS1 as well, give you a bell when I'm leaving.

Nobody else up for this?? Looks like being a cracking day out, big field, some great cars :)

Yep, snows pretty much gone, saturday's forecast is sunny/cloudy and light winds, could be ideal conditions :D Hoping to cover a bit of SS1 as well, give you a bell when I'm leaving.

Nobody else up for this?? Looks like being a cracking day out, big field, some great cars :)

Aye weather should be good. I think entries stand at 108 which is great and Andy Horne is meant to be one of the late entries which is good, love the sound of the Dam 4100 tearing threw the woods.

I think we will be leaving the flat about 6ish(am) so give me a phone anytime after that, really looking forward to the weekend just a shame the North West Stages is on on the same weekend:crying: going to miss the bear cubs from mull out competing on their second event this year.

Bit far north for me. Will probably be going to the Malcolm Wilson Rally on the 3rd of March though (Lake District) as it's a bit closer to home. http://www.malcolmwilson.co.uk/index.html

Ray

Have a few pics from last year's Trackrod Rally here http://www.flickr.com/photos/rayfin/sets/72157594317009029/

Was at the Malcolm Wilson last year marshalling but don't think i can make it this year as i will most likely be at the first round of the Scottish Tarmac Championship at Crail.

I am working Saturday and going to "Wet & Wild" at Innerleithen on Sunday so will miss the Snowman - again!

Managing to get along to the press day this Thursday and hope to cadge a run round with JG if he is up for it. Last year got round with another driver who has been trying to get me to co-drive for him (I really am a quiet passenger ;)).

Looking forward to seeing your snaps! (y)

One more sleep :D Last call ;)

One more sleep :D Last call ;)

Yeap only one sleep left:) Just got to pack my gear up tonight ready for leaving at 7am, can't wait. Hopefully the speccies stay away for a bit so i might get the chance to take some pictures.

If anyone spots me tomorrow come over and say hello.

Hopefully report back tomorrow night with some pictures.

Back