Snowy Aberdeenshire

aberal

lens lens lens (or Lens)
Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Deeside to be specific. Had to dig my car out on Saturday, to get on the road home, then had to turn back at the top of Glenshee because the road was blocked. But fun was had taking photos in the snow. I did find it quite hard and overexposed them all by a couple of stops. Not completely sure if it worked or not as I still had a bit to do in Lightroom. C&C welcome.

#1 Hut on road to Glenshee

3267348201_a0721898d2_o.jpg

#2 Over the road from the hut on the road to Glenshee

3268170058_f6450af647_o.jpg

#3 From the old Deeside railway line

3268165866_006952d38a_o.jpg

#4 In a blizzard

3268165214_c5a52a0d93_o.jpg

#5 The snow in the foreground is overexposed, I know. But I rather like the sheep floating in nothingness.

3268165064_616f25782b_o.jpg

#6 Ballater from the golf course

3271298871_b0f7bc540e_o.jpg

#7 Hole in the snow

3277523448_cba94ecde9_o.jpg

#8 River Dee

3268162850_17561927ce_o.jpg

#9 Not sure what this is really of...I just like the composition.

3267338343_26778f2840_o.jpg

#10 Craigendarroch Hill

3267337467_55907cb4da_o.jpg

Last edited:
Not many more beautiful places in the world than Royal Deeside in the right conditions. Nicely captured(y)(y)

:clap: Really nice set.
Love the second and last, I think they work really well in B&W.

The snow is so stark that some of them hardly changed at all when I converted them to B&W and they defintitely look better in full monochrome. It was only when the sun came out that colour has an effect

Not many more beautiful places in the world than Royal Deeside in the right conditions. Nicely captured(y)(y)

Thanks.

Wow, loads of snow there. More than we've had for the past 10 years altogether. Nice photos too.

Thanks. That level of snow is not an unusual experience in that corner of the country. It tends not to get headline news though - the way it does when it snows in London! :)

All nice shots, #1 #2 & #9 are my faves.

Thanks - appreciated.

I think #8 would be even better if the tree's that are reflecting in the water were in shot as well (y)

All great! Keep up the good work!

I think #8 would be even better if the tree's that are reflecting in the water were in shot as well (y)

Good point. I was focused on the shape of the snow in the foreground and just the colours in the water behind. But it does look a little as though the trees have been cut off.

You do seem to have cornered the market in b&w snowy shots mate. Great set they may be a little overexposed but I think that it works for most of them.
I played at Ballater golf course a few years ago and had to pack up after 14 holes because it was so hot. Hard to believe when you see these shots.

Andy

They are all great, but I particularly love 1,2,8,9 & 10

Cheers.

You do seem to have cornered the market in b&w snowy shots mate. Great set they may be a little overexposed but I think that it works for most of them.
I played at Ballater golf course a few years ago and had to pack up after 14 holes because it was so hot. Hard to believe when you see these shots.

Thanks. Getting the exposure right is really tricky. There has to be a technique to it and I'm not sure that I've got it yet.

It got down to something like -8C when I was there, but felt a lot colder.

Back