Snowy/Little Egret - Kent

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Bit of a surprise - a first for me - taken on the way back from lunch.

DSC_7145a800.jpg

DSC_7151a800.jpg

I did try upping the exposure on no 2 but it lost the definition in the white on white feathering.

Thanks for looking - C&C Welcome

Last edited:
Well spotted

Nice shots, 2 looks a bit underexposed. In the UK I believe these guys are called Little Egrets.

(y)

Well spotted
Thanks Tom

Nice shots, 2 looks a bit underexposed. In the UK I believe these guys are called Little Egrets.
(y)

Thanks Liam I will update the title

I had the camera on Spot-Exposure and Auto-Exposure and for some reason the shutter speed went from 1/2000 to 1/3200 between the two shots.
I did try a PP correction but it lost some definition in the feathering.
Next time I'll grab some shots then go to manual, having said that this is the first-time in ???years I have seen one in the wild. :LOL:

You take your lunch in some strange places Stuart :LOL: Two good captures, I know where some of these hang out but its open bloody ground and they would spot me a mile off. Hope you dont mind but had a little play with one, probably not the best edit in the world but hope you like.

egret_filtered.jpg

You take your lunch in some strange places Stuart :LOL: Two good captures, I know where some of these hang out but its open bloody ground and they would spot me a mile off. Hope you dont mind but had a little play with one, probably not the best edit in the world but hope you like.

(y) Thanks very nice edit.
This one was tucked agaist a hedge on the far side of a field, fortunately I could drive my "mobile hide" :LOL: across the field to within about 50feet before he/she started to back-off.
If I had more time - another case of work getting in the way of a good shot.:bang:

Last edited:
Stuart nice captures, you will not get lots of definition from these birds as they have fairly fine feathers (y)

(y) Thanks for the comments...
2 really nice Little Egret shots, Rich's edit is pretty good to :) the grass could maybe take an increase in green, but not too much !
I agree - good edit - I will do some work on the original and see how I get on.

Stuart nice captures, you will not get lots of definition from these birds as they have fairly fine feathers (y)
They also seem to have some very fine feathers as a "top coat" which catch in the breeze.

I had another look today but he wasn't there :(

Back