So did Hunt deliver for you?

yeah the freeze in the Tax allowance is an absolute crime in my opinion and for that alone i hope the tories get slammed at the next election
not sure if labour or anyone will undo that tho

Fiscal Drag is a sneaky tactic, although I think more people are savvy to it now. I suspect the reduction of NI rather than Income Tax may have also been to gain some favour with Scotland etc, although easily offset by further increases in Scottish Income Tax.

I would quite like to see Barnett consequentials go straight to Local Authorities up here and let them spend it all on what they need to without interference from the pinheads in Scottish Government.

Fiscal Drag is a sneaky tactic, although I think more people are savvy to it now. I suspect the reduction of NI rather than Income Tax may have also been to gain some favour with Scotland etc, although easily offset by further increases in Scottish Income Tax.

I would quite like to see Barnett consequentials go straight to Local Authorities up here and let them spend it all on what they need to without interference from the pinheads in Scottish Government.

I would just like all the parties to get together and agree that tax and NI cuts are simply not the answer and to stop chasing the myths.
we need way more investment in services in this country and a complete reorganization of social care for starters and all the parties need to be onboard
we also need to grow up and stop spending silly money on projects that we thing just makes us look big and hard.

silly trident
silly aircraft carriers
silly HS2
silly Ruanda

I would just like all the parties to get together and agree that tax and NI cuts are simply not the answer and to stop chasing the myths.
we need way more investment in services in this country and a complete reorganization of social care for starters and all the parties need to be onboard
we also need to grow up and stop spending silly money on projects that we thing just makes us look big and hard.

silly trident
silly aircraft carriers
silly HS2
silly Ruanda

Most of the political parties disagree with each other on principle. There are many issues where a common policy between the big 2 would really help.

Most of the political parties disagree with each other on principle. There are many issues where a common policy between the big 2 would really help.

yup and that's what i mean, so much of the nations money is wasted on flip flopping over decades when fat wealthy middle age men just squabble in nice clubs
labour will get in at the next election and it will all start again.

silly trident
silly aircraft carriers
silly HS2
silly Ruanda

The whole system definitely feels broken and there's no party I can relate to at all. I don't know what the solution is, but major reform would seem like a good start. There appears to be a complete lack of accountability and consequence for incompetence, negligence and what seems to be essentially defrauding of the public purse; both North and South of the border.

I'm not sure that I would class Trident as silly. The whole ferry fiasco up here has been beyond silly thanks to the pinheads trying to run things up here.

Back