So far so good

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Little by little bit by bit I’m changing permanently from Canon to Olympus, so far my wife hasn’t really noticed…’is that a new camera?” “No love, had it ages” the parcels come and go, delivered while she’s out… my credit card has been hit hard, but a couple of extra shifts a week sort this out..does this sound familiar to anyone?

What's the saying ........oh yes, "it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission..."

Can I ask, which Olympus gear have you opted for and what Canon did you switch from?

Not familiar to me at all. Always agree with my wife on larger purchases whether for the house, myself or for her. We have never needed tp argue about money but there are plenty of other topics!

Dave

What's the saying ........oh yes, "it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission..."

Can I ask, which Olympus gear have you opted for and what Canon did you switch from?
I switched from a 6d mk2 to a Em1 mk3..the whole lot..flashes, triggers, receivers the lot..so far not one regret..Canon gear is amazing..not 1 fault with it…I had an em10 mk2 for street and found I was reaching for the Olympus 95% of the time..mind you I’ve kept the lenses and a 5d mk2!!! Only coz they’re worth very little.

I recall my photography course a few years ago. Class full of students, one of whom had been sent on the course by her husband (with his borrowed camera) so they could "do something together". He'd sent her with the latest 5D and a 70-200 f/2.8 (the IS II version when it was newish) as well as the 24-70 f/2.8. When I was talking about lenses, I had Camerapricebuster up on the board to illustrate the price differences between lenses and why that difference exists as it relates to aperture/weather sealing etc etc. I was stupidly using the 70-200 as an example, comparing the prices of the budget 70-300 vs the 70-200 f/2.8 IS II. When she saw the price, she literally exploded "wtf!!" (unabbreviated version) then "I'll f****ng kill him." I think he'd dropped a zero off the price when he told her what he paid. After then being forced to show her the 24-70 price I don't think I was popular in that house that night.

It sounds sort of familiar but in a different way. If I happen to be looking at a camera or lens on line and Mrs WW looks over my shoulder she'll say "Do you want one for Christmas?" So, I have to sneak things in so she doesn't insist on buying me them for birthday, Christmas or anniversary. I mostly just buy film era lenses and adapters so it's a relatively cheap hobby for me.

She buys clothes and shoes and endless amounts of pens and note books.

No problem with me buying stuff, I was dithering about buying a lens online and had it all up just had to press buy now and she said "have you bought it yet?"
I said no still thinking about it so she reached over and pressed buy now and said "You have now"

No problem with me buying stuff, I was dithering about buying a lens online and had it all up just had to press buy now and she said "have you bought it yet?"
I said no still thinking about it so she reached over and pressed buy now and said "You have now"

What is it?

My last photography related buy was a film era Canon 50mm f1.8 SC.

My wife buys my gear for my birthday or christmas. She is the one that keeps asking "Do you want a new camera, you have had that one for 13 years?"

My Mrs says everything I have is odd tech and half working.

I have never had to hide my purchases from my wife. As long as the other bills are paid and there's food on the table, what I buy is OK with her. But I am very careful with my money and sometimes agonize over a pending purchase if it's any significant amount. Sometimes this ends in me buying the cheaper version, and then I'm mad at myself for not getting the better one.

Charley

I don't really have to worry about buying stuff. I do like to justify purchases though and I sometimes do dither for a while over the decision.... I did with the 35GM and she said just buy it because I'd regret getting the f/1.8 or the Signa f/2.

I do treat her to stuff though as I do earn more so I don't think she wants for much!

I have a terrible affliction to keeping things I never use , I’m usually allowed to buy anything I want provided I sell something I no longer use after ……..it’s a good theory …….

We have separate accounts sweet f.a in mine and I don’t ask about hers ,I survive on a meagre private pension and she has everything else ,pays the bills and buys the food etc .. but saying that I don’t go short of anything at all , got a good un and keep no secrets , no stress is the secret to a long happy life

Back