So how much have you spent on Photography Gear!

this is just a bit of my gear,missing from the pic is my 500f4 and 16-35mk2. 1dmk2, 1dsmk2,40d, Gitzo tripod, kirk king cobra RRS BH-55 and a lot more,never even thought about what I have spent.:bang:
VY8X4996.jpg

Edit-I no longer have the 100-400L as I sold it after 3 weeks.

:LOL: I do that, buy things online when she is sat in the room, it's a bugger to explain when you arrive home from work to find the un-delivered parcel ticket though. :naughty:

Just had a chat with my daughters to see who would be in on Tuesday AM to take delivery. Both have just made arrangements to be elsewhere so I guess I will be finding one of those tickets LOL :bang:

Well I been into photography for at least 35 years so taking into account the value of the pound inflation and the like it must be about......... I've no idea :LOL: reckon I could have bought a house with it though. :LOL:

Well I been into photography for at least 35 years so taking into account the value of the pound inflation and the like it must be about......... I've no idea :LOL: reckon I could have bought a house with it though. :LOL:

Me too - easily if you take the long term view

What's even worse, a few years ago a house near me was for sale at £7,000 - I could have but I didn't buy it. After about £6,000 upgrading it, it sold recently for £110,000

So that's quite a few D3s gone for nothing, and quite a few hols to use them in !!!

:crying::crying::crying:

DD

some serious kit there malla. Thing is as i have heard before. Many of you with the pro kit and others can probably make the money back by selling the photos. SO it isn't a hobby which there is no money to be made like golf!

Far more than I should have and even more than my wife thinks!

:D

The parting words to my wife, should I (heaven forbid), depart this world would be 'Don't sell the camera gear for what I told you it was worth' :D

this is just a bit of my gear,missing from the pic is my 500f4 and 16-35mk2. 1dmk2, 1dsmk2,40d, Gitzo tripod, kirk king cobra RRS BH-55 and a lot more,never even thought about what I have spent.:bang:
VY8X4996.jpg

Edit-I no longer have the 100-400L as I sold it after 3 weeks.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: :notworthy:

Far too much. I would imagine that is the case for the majority.....:D

It's an old photographers joke :

"The dying photographer calls his best friend to his death bed, and whispers to him
"Don't let my wife sell my equipment for what she thinks I paid for it" !

Bum, bum.

Ive spent so much that when I think about it, even I feel guilty !!! :bonk:

Thanks for reminding me !!!! :(

and the wife knows about it all and never complains... that makes it even worse.

I say shoot the OP !!!!!! :puke:

too much :(:(:(, this year....£6000ish (shivers thinking bout it!) i hope no more :D, excluding any new camera kit...just studio stuff

£20,000!!!! crikey. But then again aren't you a PP

Ive spent so much that when I think about it, even I feel guilty !!! :bonk:

Thanks for reminding me !!!! :(

and the wife knows about it all and never complains... that makes it even worse.

I say shoot the OP !!!!!! :puke:

I would rather not be shot to be honest!

I am going to DigitalDepot in Stevenage on Wednesday. Like letting a kid with a sweet tooth loose in a sweet shop!!!

Back