So, I went to London

Great shots... I really like the first one. Something about the angles though on the second that doesn't quite sit right for me... I think that last one is absotootly superb! (y)

A very nice and varied selection there.

I love number 2, and for me #3 could do with cloning out the bit of twig after the leaves especially as the bottom is cropped off.

Great shots... I really like the first one. Something about the angles though on the second that doesn't quite sit right for me... I think that last one is absotootly superb! (y)

A very nice and varied selection there.

I love number 2, and for me #3 could do with cloning out the bit of twig after the leaves especially as the bottom is cropped off.

Thanks for the comments guys :)

I really like the first one the slower shutter speed and the movement in some of the people really adds to the scene (y) also working with the fact that some of the people have stayed still (y)

The second, I like the idea but the composition for me is all wrong, I think it would have worked a lot better to have the taxi on the left of frame allowing space for it set off into (y) I also think that this scene would benefit from a little bit of distortion correction :thinking:

I really like the back lit leaves in the third and the DoF is very good (y) as are the colours my only little niggle is that I find the OOF twig heading out of frame at the bottom to be a bit of an eye draw as I find myself wanting to know how much further it travels :thinking:

The exposure on number 4 looks spot on to me, it's a shame the sky is so dull :( would have been so much nicer with some broken cloud to get nice cloud movement, as it stands I would crop this in closer on the RHS to take out the reed bed that is surrounded by chicken wire (y) but to maintain the aspect ratio I would probably have taken some of the top since the sky is not doing all that much :(

The last one the concept is great (y) but the exicution is a little lacking, this scene is one that would work well with some careful exposure blending as the advertising is a bit over exposed which draws the eye and the rest of the scene is rather under exposed, if you shot in RAW you should be able to pull more from the single file by pulling back the highlights and boosting shadow details :thinking:

Matt
MWHCVT

First trip back to the UK for a long time. Here's a few from my meandering.

Hora Punta by Ricardodaforce, on Flickr

I got the other side! :)

262998_233839613306747_3155705_n.jpg

I prefer the 1st out of your set - I always like the business of Liverpool St station. Also love the colours and detail. Good shots.

Last one is a VERY close 2nd.

Last edited:
Well done getting the shot at Liverpool Street. I tried to get one from under the train time sign thing, and got told off by security.

I got the other side! :)

262998_233839613306747_3155705_n.jpg

I prefer the 1st out of your set - I always like the business of Liverpool St station. Also love the colours and detail. Good shots.

Last one is a VERY close 2nd.

Cheers, and love your shot!

Well done getting the shot at Liverpool Street. I tried to get one from under the train time sign thing, and got told off by security.

Thank you. Luckily I didn't see security.

Really nice set. Loving #4

Thank you :)

Great set I love 1, 5 and 6 in particular.

Back