So i'm going to buy a tripod and head...

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Just getting into landscapes, and need a tripod. I'll most likely be hiking with it, up on Dartmoor, Brecon, Snowdon, Highlands etc, so have been leaning towards a carbon pod.

This is what I've been planning on getting: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BSSD8IY

I am relatively undecided on a head, but think I want a ball head, if you could provide some guidance it would be most appreciated!

Budget for tripod is £200 and I guess about £100 for the head.

Thanks

Maybe this would be better off in the equipment sub section? Put it where you think mods, sorry!

If it's for landscapes have a look for a used Manfrotto 410 geared head, I wouldn't go back to non geared heads for landscapes after my 405 and 410. The minute adjustment makes levelling a horizon or placing an element accurately very easy.
Do you think the tripod will do the job? Will be with a 17-40 and 5d plus filters

I am afraid I don't know that particular tripod, but the capacity is stated as 5Kg so your setup should be fine.
I had seen that, but wasn't sure of the overhead that's recommended for tripod and their weight allowances. Thank you anyway :)

Ive not long had the Manfrotto 498RC2 ball head. Seems ok so far. It has a little nob that conrtols the tightness when you realse it so you can make fine adjustments without the head going really loose. Here it is on Amazon

Back