So this year I said goodbye to Wedding photography.

Name
Iain McClements
Edit My Images
No
So I had enough of the industry. I work full time while trying to get the business to at least part-time. Last year a hand full of wedding fairs, not a single response. A new website, 7 good enquiries, not a single response. Advertising through bride lists, not a single enquiry. It was taking up so much time, after a rethink, I decided it was time to call it a day. Has anyone else decided the same this year? I know other wedding photographers in my area are all struggling this year, and I know two who have finished their business this year.

Difficult, at the best of times but the current situation, will cause severe difficulties for even the most "steady" wedding photographers.

I have a friend in catering, and his business has slowed down massively. Every one is struggling at the moment, even more so with the current worldwide problem that is going on.

Hi Iain, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

At the end of last year I noticed that I was getting enquiries asking for info via my webpage, but no response back. I just got frustrated. Working Monday to Friday in my job, then missing a weekend with my family because of shooting a wedding and then editing, my daughter is 8, so I decided not for me anymore. I had just put my prices up to £1250 all day, and I was seeing on Facebook photographers charging £300 and £400 all day, and it's not just a few, it was loads. I had ploughed my own money into advertising heavily and was not getting the weddings.

Hi Iain, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Thank you, and once I have got settled I will upload some images.

Last edited:
Too many people racing to the bottom. If it is not your mainstream income then I would be tempted to get my website up together, set the price as the price and if you get a valuable lead, then quids in. If no one comes through then nothing lost.

I was due to do 50 this year which is less than normal. One thing I noticed in 2019 is a big swing to pen drive only. Im lucky having done over 1100 weddings I have lots of couples recommend me. I am currently palavering parcels :( to make ends meet.

Back