So what is your least and most used lens?

least: nikkor 28-200 f3.5-5.6, but then I keep this only as a backup in case of failure of other lenses. Of the lenses that I actually use regularly the sigma 105mm macro is probably least used.

most: tamron 17-50 f2.8

Of the lenses that I actually use regularly the sigma 105mm macro is probably least used.

Isn't it great the way it's all so different. When I went out yesterday and shot my moody trees it took real effort not to put my sigma macro on the camera. I've been shooting with little else than macro for ages.

Might be a good time to get a good deal on one of those 50mm paper weights though.
scratchchin.gif
:LOL:

Least used: nifty 50 :crying:, should use it more.

Most used: either sigma 17-70 or nikon 70-300vr

Janice, from reading all this highly intresting thread i've decided not to buy a nifty.....

That's a shame because those nifty fifty's are hard to beat, perhaps the same people who don't use them tend not to do portraits too...? I dunno but they're wonderful bits of kit - don't let this thread put you off, especially when they're so cheap - the results are loads better than some lenses that cost ten times as much imo.

I was just thinking that, most people use the nifty fifty least. So we need to get that changed.

We need a challenge involving niftys so we all use them again!

Any suggestions?

I just counted 9 people who use them least crikey, i think i have only used my once but it was for indoor work and for that it was great.

I use mine for adding my Raynox DCR 250 for macro stuff... but have now got a Sigma 105mm macro.

It is a brilliant lens but I tend to prefer a zoom so I dont have to keep changing.

Despite being limited in my lenses and focal lengths, I still use my fifty for about 1/4 of my shots. Wouldn't get rid of it.

what do use it for apart from portriture (spelt wrong)

I use the Tokina 12-24 and the Sigma 24-70 a lot away from home but the MP-e 65 at home is fast taking that mantle.

Use most my 18-70 kit lens

10-20 sigma least as only had it a week. Nifty is next on the list ready for the car shows this summer.

Least - Canon 70-300 IS

Most - Sigma 24-70 2.8 on 30D/Nifty Fifty for film

Least would be the nifty, although I'd not be without it.

Most probably the 24-70mm, although once speedway kicks in again that will be usurped by the 70-200mm!

Regarding the comments on the subject of thenifty, it had already occurred to me that it was a shame mine got used so little. To that end, I have decided that I will have at least one day when we are away that I was take out the camera with ONLY the nifty on board, and see what the results are. Might force me to think more about what I'm shooting. Hmmm.....I'd best get myself a polariser I guess! :thinking:

Least: Sigma f/2.8 50mm macro (forgot I had it)

Most: Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L

Least: EF100-400 - but then it's not motorsport season yet

Most: Ef 24-105 F4. It's not been off the camera since I bought it - what a fantastic lens :D

Regarding the comments on the subject of thenifty, it had already occurred to me that it was a shame mine got used so little. To that end, I have decided that I will have at least one day when we are away that I was take out the camera with ONLY the nifty on board, and see what the results are. Might force me to think more about what I'm shooting. Hmmm.....I'd best get myself a polariser I guess! :thinking:

I did that a while ago, but with the 10-20.. thats quite fun doing street photography with a wide angle. Maybe we could have a competition (for fun) where everyone takes their 50's out for the day and posts their best 3 shots :shrug:

It's a shame to have such a good lens used so little

Most: 70-200
Least: 100-400

I like the idea Matty H, at least I may start using mine again more.

Least 10-20

Most - 70-200

Least - Tamron 70-300mm

Most - Sigma 70mm EX DG Macro

Least: 100-400 [now sold and winging it's way to the new owner]

Most: 24-70

Most: 80-400
Least: 150mm Macro

Though it will change as soon as I get the dining room back (currently being used for storing house stuff due to moving)

Least: 85

Most: 70-200

From guessing (I'll have a look on Lightroom when I get a chance)

Least - Canon 75 - 300mm USM

Most - Canon 50mm f1.4

Most used Sigma 70-200 2.8 as its so good in low light.

Least used - the rest, although with summer, more time and better light coming that may change!!

Least: 18-55mm Kit Lens (Cannot remember last time i used it)

Most: 24-70mm L (I love this lens :love: )

Most: 50 1.8 (been using my 28mm 2.8 a lot as well)

Least: 18-135 kit lens (great lens, but just not quick enough)

I'm saving for the 17-55mm 2.8 which will then become the only lens I ever use. :)

Back