So what would you do with £35.5 million ?

I've just worked out that, assuming 5% interest in a bank account, if she spent 2.5 million and invested the remaining 33 million, it would earn her (very roughly) £137,500 per month in interest!

I would smile:), grin:D, laugh my head off:LOL:! then take some advice from Grendel!!!!!!!!

Buying all on Tp a nice camera orientated gift (of course :naughty:) , and set up a bunny rescue centre, ANY excuse to have more of the fluffy wee things as pets:D :D :D

I would spend all my time with my girls and Kate, and we would read more books, play more games, and have the time together that life for most of us does not allow.
I don't want a fancy car, house, jet etc..
A shed load would to to charities that we could be involved in in some way, and anyone who made me smile would get a handout - today, I went to a very fancy bathroom showroom to complain that something was missing from my clients order, and expected to be given a pile of twaddle - instead, I had a laugh, got helped out, and all people involved will have gone home happier for it - these are the people I would love to be able to give a couple of grand to - it would make their week, and while not changing their lives directly, it would stay with them, and slowly, we would all start to become more open and friendly - OK, so in reality, it won't happen, but so often I meet people who are so deserving, and I want to be able to give my millions to them.
For me and us, a couple of million will do - we have a lovely home, a car, a stereo, and a family - not much to go out and buy really, is there..? some toys, a few treats, but we don't want much, just time together..

1) Big Party
2) Gifts to Family + Friends
3) Resign (maybe thats no 1)
4) Holiday to plan what to do next!
5) Likely 'treat' purchases for me : Camera gear, Guitar(s), Telescope plus observatory!
6) Something charitable!

Buy a big dustbin for all the begging letters then get the hell out of Britain and stay out.

She'll only have 18 million after the husband who she is separated from but NOT divorced from gets a good lawyer

my first thought was much like diddydaves, I'd take out a couple of contracts and move to a non extradition country. :LOL:

Can that be three please?
:)

And no point me even contemplating what I'd do with it.
I'd have lost the bloody ticket.

Hmmm. First I'd figure a way to get my husband out of the Army. A Bugatti and then a DB9 and then an original Shelby Cobra, I think a track to drive them on is a great idea, I'd also restore my husbands 67 Camaro. Then I'd buy a few thousand acres in Colorado and set up a horse rescue center. Then I'd hire a staff to run it and I'd travel the world... I"d probably adopt a few kids from Africa and try to set up a decent orphanage over there too.....

... :/

a saab?

thirty five million pounds and you'd buy a saab?

I'm not rich but I have a SAAB. Always had SAABs since the mid 70's. We have 2 SAABs now. Definitely more up market than a Beamer or Merc - imo :LOL:

£35m.....I would give most of it away to family and charity.

Ones things for sure, I wouldn't be awake at this time of morning, unless it was drinking champange and partying.

Part of my job is being on call, and the blooming pager has just gone off :(

I'd buy one of those special order Canon 1200mm lenses.... £70,000 I think they are....

Oh hell with it, I'd buy two :D

I'd give about £250k to 22 of my friends so they can get a house when they leave uni, probably split £10m between my family, invest £10m and then blow the left overs on the house, boat(s), DB9(s) :p and lots of gadgets

Of which inflation would take care of 2%/year (for the sake of brevity I'll going to assume some people still believe the CPI!:)) and our chancellor will grab 40% of the remainder.

So out of the £137,500/month, chancellor gets £55,000, and she loses another £55,000/month to inflation. A minimum of £1.4 million/year gone without spending a thing! (y)

Steady now Gordon! Inflation's calculated over a 12 month period.. so your figures are based on 24% inflation!:D

.... keep very quiet about it.

Wise words indeed ;)

I would bribe the admins to change that I hate HDR to HDR Slave.:D

Erm..just how do you intend to bribe an admin team in the pocket of someone with £35mil :D

She'll only have 18 million after the husband who she is separated from but NOT divorced from gets a good lawyer

I bet £35million that she gets a lawyer good enough to make sure he doesn't get a penny as they're already seperated ;)

I'm not rich but I have a SAAB. Always had SAABs since the mid 70's. We have 2 SAABs now. Definitely more up market than a Beamer or Merc - imo :LOL:

Hmmm..yes, I'd have to agree... Beamer's just scream "Chav!" :LOL: j/k!

Steady now Gordon! Inflation's calculated over a 12 month period.. so your figures are based on 24% inflation!:D

No, honest! :) The calculation is based upon 2% inflation. The inflation devalues the full 35 million, not only the interest gain (although it devalues that too), so the calculation is 2% of 35 million plus interest gain divided by 12 months.

Or are you really Alistair Darling, and trying to "reassure" everyone...? :D

No, honest! :) The calculation is based upon 2% inflation. The inflation devalues the full 35 million, not only the interest gain (although it devalues that too), so the calculation is 2% of 35 million plus interest gain divided by 12 months.

Or are you really Alistair Darling, and trying to "reassure" everyone...? :D

:coat: You got me! It seems I am indeed Alistair "Monobrow" Darling and here's your £5 :D

Believe me, if you had that money you could invest in a manner that would bust inflation.

Buy out as many factory animal farms as I could and set all the animals free :D

Give a load to charity.

A bit to my family :D

And did I mention all the camera gear? :D

Back