So where are the sales bargains?

Edit My Images
Yes
The Jessops sale has left me a little underwhelmed and I'm wondering if there are any January sales bargains out there, or perhaps prices have gone up compared to before Christmas?

So what sales bargains have you seen and where? :banana:

The way I see it is DSLR stuff is big business and doesn't show too many signs off slowing in the near future. The best sale bargains in Jan are those stores who want to shift stock before new season stuff comes in mid Feb, but with few new items on the horizon and demand high why will DSLR companies drop their prices too much.
Have spent the day trying to chase a 24-105mm f/4 L lens from Jessops. No luck as yet thinking I will give up and look elsewhere. God forbid Fleabay.

Someone in the chatroom got a brand new 5D mk1 yesterday for less than £700. PC world. Sold out.

Gary.

I too was in Jessops today or a browse and wasn't that impressed either. Online seems to always work out cheaper, but if rumours are to be believed, because of the falling value of the pound, most things are expected to go up in price :(

I got a Sigma 30mm f1.4 in Jessops for £215 yesterday with some gift vouchers I had - seems to be a reasonable price compared to Warehouse Express, Amazon etc. Managed to get £15 off without trying too hard.

jessops had a camera back pack decent sized for £32.00 fits 2 dslrs and about 6 maybe 7 ish lenses also a own branded flash gun £35.00 for canon digital slr just some i found think they might of been managers special so its worth to pop down there

jessops had a camera back pack decent sized for £32.00 fits 2 dslrs and about 6 maybe 7 ish lenses also a own branded flash gun £35.00 for canon digital slr just some i found think they might of been managers special so its worth to pop down there

I bought the flash,but it wasn't compatible with the 450D ,i was told by the salesman that it would be fine ,it wasn't,so i returned it.

Having checked on the thread I posted earlier, a lucky person got an Eos350d with Kit lens and 75-300 and a 1gb card for just £209. That kind of luck never happens to me.

I would have risked the wrath of the wife, the bank manager and the devil himself at that price.......

Well i bought a 70-200 2.8 VR the Saturday before Christmas.

Relieved to see it didn't drop:)

Also got it price matched to Jacobs so saved a bit there.

I bought the flash,but it wasn't compatible with the 450D ,i was told by the salesman that it would be fine ,it wasn't,so i returned it.

I bought one of those yesterday, worked fine on my 5D

I bought a brand new Olympus Zuiko lens (40-150mm f3.5-4.5) from PCworld for £24.99
This same lens is £150+ elsewhere

Sorry to say this, but anything in the UK is a bargain at the moment ;)

Working in a euro country at the moment, and its pretty good times.

It wont last, and its all ups and downs.

Back