Softest

Edit My Images
Yes
edited from RAW using Nikon Capture Editor, then taken into Photobrush and applied the 'dreamy' filter from the Optikverve Labs :snap1:

freesiawhitesquare.jpg

nice shot marianne, do you not think a little too dreamy maybe??

hmmm......I liked the dreamy effect. I could post the unedited version but that wouldn't be what I wanted to show......this is.... :)

I'm not sure if it's too dreamy but I'd have liked to see it without the bloom in the background.

Ooh... we're very Ernst Haas today, aren't we?

Like it, nice effect.

Not having a dig at you, Marianne, but I'm constantly amazed at how many people have never heard of some of the greates photographic names of all time.
People like Ernst Haas, Ed Steichen, Paul Strand, Ed Weston etc. The pioneers of modern photography (1930's - 1960's) and no-one knows they exist.
I put a couple of links to some of my real heroes in the webb-ish section and people seem to love the stuff, so I'll go hunting for more.

Nothing's new - it's all been done before, so why not seek inspiration from the best?

One of my favourite photos was taken by a LIFE magazine photographer called Co Rentmeester, in Vietnam of a tank gunner. Beautifully-lit and shot from below it would stand as a classic portrait in any Museum or gallery.
This was just a jobbing photographer doing his daily work.

oh now I have to go and google that name! lol

Barry and I went to view the work of a recently deceased press photographer's work, Graham Finlayson, he was my inspiration for the shot 'here you are Grandma'. He broke the rules and made his photographs work.

Arkady said:
One of my favourite photos was taken by a LIFE magazine photographer called Co Rentmeester, in Vietnam of a tank gunner. Beautifully-lit and shot from below it would stand as a classic portrait in any Museum or gallery.
This was just a jobbing photographer doing his daily work.

any chance of a link to the picture rob?

It's a macromedia player filmstrip, but it's in the Vietnam section and is the one of the tank-gunner with the light apparently coming through the optical sight into his eye.
I also love the Rebel flag fluttering in the artillery compound. Speaks volumes about the US mindset (you still see these flags on HumVees in Iraq - God knows what the Black US troops think of it all... It would be like the UN flying Swastikas on duty in Israel).

excellent shot marianne, tis a little bit soft for me on the tip, but on the whole its very good.

Excellent link to images here chaps/chapesses, very inspirational!

Beautiful shot, Marianne. Not sure how much effect the filter had on the final presentation but the initial capture had to be pretty good to begin with. Nice work.

Tuna

Back