Software Help

den

Name
Dennis
Edit My Images
No
Hi, i am thinking of purchasing the Panasonic C-X1000 4K and total giving up the photography side.
From having a quick look on the net they are going for around £1750.00 not had a proper look at any alternatives but the Panasonic does have some good reviews ,wildlife will be my main subject ....i am also intrested in having the option of slow motion and was wondering if there were other options apart from adobe prem pro that would do the job ...the monthly subscription is a bit expensive and i am not sure if i would ues all the features , i was hoping to a budget of £2000 would get me the camcorder and the software ..Any alternatives to prem pro would be apreciated(must support 4k and slow mo ) Thanks

I cannot help with the software side but can I just say I would be gutted if you gave up I always enjoy seeing your images

Davinci Resolve supports 4k and 120fps... the base software is free.
Don't know what you're going to do with a bunch of wildlife videos... getting/making really good ones is way harder than pics (IMO).

Last edited:
I cannot help with the software side but can I just say I would be gutted if you gave up I always enjoy seeing your images

Been thinking about a different route for while now, possibly a different challenge but to fund the camcorder my camera and lenses would have to go as they wouldn't get used , but one thing that keeps me going is when I walk in the quarry and a barn owl flys straight past me , photography in Spring a summer takes my full day up normally especially with the little owl , filming them could be just the thing , maybe invite a few more people down to photograph them who knows

Can I recommend that if you are not looking for all the features and complexity of Premiere you give Wondershare Filmora a go:

https://filmora.wondershare.net/

It's really easy to use and has a lot of features, things that may require after effects if using the Adobe suite.

I personally use Premiere and After effects but also have Filmora installed and for the price it's really good.

You can try it for free to see if you like it.

Ohh and a tip if you do like it don't buy it straight away as at some point during the trial you will probably be offered a 'special offer' which make it even more of a bargain.

Reactions: den
X cut pro -easy to use for 4k . on a mac. Using Lumix GH4 and Gh5 for couple of years. GH5 will do 180fps in HD. Coupled with recorder like the shogun will produce 4k 10bit files. The GH5 also doubles as stills camera 20mb? files and the 4 thirds system gives 200mmto 800mm on a 100-400 lens. Also compatible with olympus glass. Now in third year on video and not going back to stills anytime soon.

regen

Reactions: den
Davinci Resolve supports 4k and 120fps... the base software is free.
Don't know what you're going to do with a bunch of wildlife videos... getting/making really good ones is way harder than pics (IMO).
I started out filming wildlife well before I picked up a dslr , Why is it harder than taking pics , anyway I always like a challenge and the shots I get will be my own unique efforts , even though it’s just a hobby I still like a challenge and to be honest I feel at the moment I have gone as far as I can with stills , as you say what am I going to do with a bunch of wildlife videos well to be honest the same I have done with a bunch of wildlife photographs

I have a Panasonic HC- X900M camcorder and I have to say after having it from new several years ago the videos are of good quality. All I have had done to it is have a switch that changes from stills to video to view. I Did get a Sennheiser MKE400 Microphone and a Gutmann deadcat for it

I do use adobe Premier Elements14 as it does everything I want but don't know if the latest version does 4K.. . Remember one of the biggest things to overcome is wind noise hence that mike and deadcat muffler

X2bchTt.jpg

I hve had to raise the mike up a bit because the hair on the mike was showing on the videos but for a small mike that Gutmann deadcat was the best i could find. The rubber lollypop ones I found did not reduce wind noise very well

Last edited:
X cut pro -easy to use for 4k . on a mac. Using Lumix GH4 and Gh5 for couple of years. GH5 will do 180fps in HD. Coupled with recorder like the shogun will produce 4k 10bit files. The GH5 also doubles as stills camera 20mb? files and the 4 thirds system gives 200mmto 800mm on a 100-400 lens. Also compatible with olympus glass. Now in third year on video and not going back to stills anytime soon.

regen
Just had a look at some reviews on the gh5 and the AF is getting some stick on the GH5 ,granted i have only looked at a couple .

Just had a look at some reviews on the gh5 and the AF is getting some stick on the GH5 ,granted i have only looked at a couple .
The only viable review is the one you do yourself!

Regen

The only viable review is the one you do yourself!

Regen
After doing a lot of research i have opted for a Sony FS700 ,i have a few hurdles i have to jump over before i believe i can get what i want to achieve ,or at least as far as i can go.
Its all about the challenge for me and its re lit my fire for looking for more outdoor wildlife shots ...

Back