software on ebay?

Free skull and crossbones with every order too :LOL:

Yes. Have done already. Bought a Windows XP last year for a desktop which only had an "evaluation" copy on.

As long as the seller has good feedback and the price is not too much of a bargain, if you know what I mean - there are some dodgy characters out there.

I'm actually looking at the possibility of upgrading to CS4, amazinly it's likely this will happen when my 4 year old starts school - the educational discounts make this a real bargain, and I know she'd just love using it :naughty:

Doesn't mean you'll receive it like that though ;)

Bet ya if you do buy it it'll come on an unmarked disc in a plastic sleeve....

So long as it has the real serial number, and isn't "cracked" then it will be legit

I bought Windows Vista Premium on ebay, original legit DVD. Check seller feedbacks first and ask questions.

I recntly bought Elements 6 for about £20, was sceptical but though that it was worth the risk.

It arrived, with serial number and has been working fine for about a month (y)

S

I would suspect anything on Ebay, unless the seller would explicitly guarantee it was all above board (and if "used" they'd uninstalled the app before selling).

some on e-bay are dodgy but with a little research you can get the real thing, been looking at adobe elements 5/6 they want about £60 on e-bay, from adobe it £58, on the upgrade i have elements 3 already, some are good sellers , some are very dodgy, *****removed*****
regards mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the sellers got loads of good feedback for selling software and you pay with Paypal shouldn't be a problem - if it duff just tell paypal & you'll get a refund.

If the sellers got loads of good feedback for selling software and you pay with Paypal shouldn't be a problem - if it duff just tell paypal & you'll get a refund.

Good feedback on Ebay means nothing, best to look at the negatives. I used to know a guy who sold fake gear on Ebay, mainly "ray ban" sunglasses and stuff like Timberland and North face jackets. He listed everything as genuine and his feedback was nearly 100%, but it was all snide. The only clue was the 3 or 4 bits of buried neg feedback from people who realsied they'd been duped.

caveat emptor ;)

Opinion a bit mixed on this one then!

I've emailed the seller to ask how I can be assured that its genuine software.

We'll see what comes back.

cheers, folks:)

Well he can say its genuine software. But it could be copy he is selling:naughty:.
Do you mind giveng the link and we'll all have a look.

Yes. Have done already. Bought a Windows XP last year for a desktop which only had an "evaluation" copy on.

As long as the seller has good feedback and the price is not too much of a bargain, if you know what I mean - there are some dodgy characters out there.

I'm actually looking at the possibility of upgrading to CS4, amazinly it's likely this will happen when my 4 year old starts school - the educational discounts make this a real bargain, and I know she'd just love using it :naughty:

How does that one work then, i thought you normally get educational discounts with student cards? My son as just started school so if there is a discount to be had i would like it

On ebay if you ask the right questions and ask for genuine pictures you will get honest answers.

First purchase of software on ebay was successfull and was told it was genuine and it was and I was very pleased. Considered several others but have been told honestly by sellers that they were not legitimate copies. They cannot risk their paypal accounts being frozen along with all their money if they have sold fake software and get caught doing it, so most will be honest with you.

I got a genuine and 100% authentic copy of Capture NX (just before NX2 was released :crying:) for £6 inc postage off ebay! :D

I haven't got the hang of adding links yet, but this is the item no.

230289201548 (Lightroom 2)

I've just remembered that if I bought it through the normal channels (Amazon £190) and claimed back the VAT, I'd get it cheaper anyway .... silly me!

To me it sounds a legit software. But ask the seller where the country of origin is. It could be a US import.

How does that one work then, i thought you normally get educational discounts with student cards? My son as just started school so if there is a discount to be had i would like it

You buy the software from a retailer such as Academia:

http://www.student-software.co.uk/shop/prd648

They send you all the stuff minus the serial number you then contact Adobe with copy of student ID/acceptance etc and they then supply you with the relevant code.

My daughter is at art college :)...... Not sure that ??? primary school will convince Adobe although you could speak to the help line at Academia I know some companies will give you the discount if you can show that your son/daughter/self are taking a relevant course such as GCSE art (I bought her a graphics tablet 18 months ago!)

Depends on the seller, I have sold software on there - BUT - it was in the box with the manual and registration cards, pictured and sent that way, I sell various things so my feedback would not have included software! It is possible to get legit stuff but I would be asking questions first.

Elements 6 for me, about half RRP. Boxed, factory sealed. No probs - job done.(y)(y)

Just got PSE 6 today boxed and sealed £55 del , ebay seller.

Back