Software to remove duplicate frames

Name
Suz
Edit My Images
Yes
I have some time lapse footage that has duplicate frames I don't want. The web cam cocked it all up and repeated frames to make a movie. I thought it was just going to capture individual stills and turn those into a 25 fps movie. It hasn't. It has capture each frame and repeated it 25 times and then turned that into a movie!

I have tried to cut and paste within imovie but after doing a few I just have lost the will to live. Imovie doesn't have a duplicate removal option that I can see. I have tried increasing the playback speed to 800x but that is still ponderous.

The duplicates need removing automatically with software that just removes all the ones that are repeated. Even a simple one that just removes and saves only 1 in 25 frames would probably just do it. It definitely can't be a manual process as there is too much to do. It's so frustrating as I was just expecting to knock the movies together in a few minutes not to mess about for hours.

It also needs to run on a mac...

Any ideas?? I've had a quick google and I can't find anything that might be suitable.

Is this process called something else in the video world that might help me find suitable software.

Tried handbrake. It doesn't offer it. Couldn't find virtualdub for the mac, it's pc only.

It's ridiculous. It should be so simple to do this.

Last edited:
Only thing I have found so far that will do it is a script for adobe after effects. It seems rather a serious solution for a one time problem!

Back