Software

Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure which forum to post this in, sorry..

I was wondering if anyone knows of any software that makes your laptop act as your memory card.. So your camera is plugged into your laptop and then whenever you take a photo it goes straight to the laptop and gives you a preview of the image..

Capture One will do tethered shooting with a variety of cameras...

*smacks head on desk* I have a Nikon D50 (y)

Cheers Joe..

Hehe I *just* found out from your dA site.
Not too sure about Nikon. I think the Nikon software is a buy only job (as opposed to Canon giving theirs away with the camera).

Capture One would do it, but it's costly unfortunately,

Hehe I *just* found out from your dA site.
Not too sure about Nikon. I think the Nikon software is a buy only job (as opposed to Canon giving theirs away with the camera).

Capture One would do it, but it's costly unfortunately,

Oh ok thanks, I guess I'll have to start saving my pennies then..

Cheers guys.

Nikon Capture does this too, I think - but is again commercial. Although not as expensive as Capture 1 I don't think.
Actually, Nikon Capture has been superceeded by Capture NX... It's perhaps worth downloading trials of Capture 4, Capture NX & Phase One's Capture One - and then testing them all out. You should be able to still pick up a cheap copy of Capture 4, so if it does the job to your requirements it'll probably be the cheapest option.

Sorry if none of that makes any sense :D

Cheers everyone for the help. I've just ordered Nikon Capture seeing as I have £140 lying around :bonk:

I think Kerso is selling Capture NX these days...

Back