Sofware for adjusting exposure

RawTherapee ?
It's a free download and you can adjust the exposure of RAW files

RawTherapee ?
It's a free download and you can adjust the exposure of RAW files
I tried RT, installs fine, loads fine but wont let me do anything and quits.

UFRaw, Raw studio.
Think I installed UFRaw wrong I can't get it to work right, gonna try Raw Studio later.

Canon DPP
My camera isn't listed as being compatible, tried installing it though but it wanted me to install a bunch of other stuff first.

Thanks for the help everyone, I'm sure I'll get something to work tomorrow when I have more time to work on it.

Cheers guys :ty:

A great light weight very fast and very functional image viewer and editor is Fastone Image Viewer at http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

It is superb for speedy reviews of a folder of images (beats Irfanview hands down) and supports a lot of image types. It supports a range of Raw files as well and can be used as a basic raw converter.

I use it extensively for reviewing sports images (typically folders of 1200 images) and it does not miss a beat.

I know this is sounding like an infomercial but I have tried and used most viewers and converters and Fastone is the one I always use to do my initial weeding out before importing into Lightroom.

edit: Forgot to mention it is free. Be prepared to be very surprised though as it really is a very professional product.

Try paint.NET (free) or there's IrfanView (also free) which can be used with 8BF plugins (as used by Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro etc) so you can use the DCE Tools plugins ($39) which include one for exposure compensation.

In reply to jpwone's comment: IrfanView, FastStone, XnView, paint.NET, cPicture etc all have their strengths and annoyances and there's no reason not to try them all and continue using them all for what they're good at.

I'm slightly puzzled, LR seems to work fairly well even on old-ish low spec computers, what problem are you having? (one of our training PC's is about an 8 year old dell with 1 gb ram, and that works fine with LR 2.3) Wayne

I tried RT, installs fine, loads fine but wont let me do anything and quits.

Think I installed UFRaw wrong I can't get it to work right, gonna try Raw Studio later.

My camera isn't listed as being compatible, tried installing it though but it wanted me to install a bunch of other stuff first.

Thanks for the help everyone, I'm sure I'll get something to work tomorrow when I have more time to work on it.

Cheers guys :ty:

Are you shooting RAW. I see your using a PowerShot A590 IS, are you using CHDK? I know UFRaw support the PowerShot A570 IS RAW.

A great light weight very fast and very functional image viewer and editor is Fastone Image Viewer at http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

It is superb for speedy reviews of a folder of images (beats Irfanview hands down) and supports a lot of image types. It supports a range of Raw files as well and can be used as a basic raw converter.

I use it extensively for reviewing sports images (typically folders of 1200 images) and it does not miss a beat.

I know this is sounding like an infomercial but I have tried and used most viewers and converters and Fastone is the one I always use to do my initial weeding out before importing into Lightroom.

edit: Forgot to mention it is free. Be prepared to be very surprised though as it really is a very professional product.
Sounds like a handy program, I'll def download it.

Try paint.NET (free) or there's IrfanView (also free) which can be used with 8BF plugins (as used by Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro etc) so you can use the DCE Tools plugins ($39) which include one for exposure compensation.

In reply to jpwone's comment: IrfanView, FastStone, XnView, paint.NET, cPicture etc all have their strengths and annoyances and there's no reason not to try them all and continue using them all for what they're good at.
Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't even know you could get plugins for Irfan.

I'm slightly puzzled, LR seems to work fairly well even on old-ish low spec computers, what problem are you having? (one of our training PC's is about an 8 year old dell with 1 gb ram, and that works fine with LR 2.3) Wayne
Its very, very slow on my machine. Its so time consuming it not worthwhile. I'm running a 1.24Ghz with 768RAM.

Are you shooting RAW. I see your using a PowerShot A590 IS, are you using CHDK? I know UFRaw support the PowerShot A570 IS RAW.
Yeah I'm shooting RAW with CHDK. I'm going to try install UFRaw again.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Back