Sold my 1st prints :-)

Feels good though... and you can't buy that ...... hmm well I suppose he has :)

No interest to anyone else but here you go. And they were just quick spur of the moment shots.
It's one of the wife of one of the guys that wants the prints.

12542494955_ecc17d8a65_b.jpg

12543048054_7c198c3bc6_b.jpg

I did that once. Just coincidentally I took a picture of a bloke I knew in a pub and gave a copy to him and his wife and thought no more about it. A year later the bloke died (he was ill when I took the picture) and his widow asked me if I could give her another copy. No problem, said I and duly ran one off. A few weeks later and I get from her "My [two] kids would like a copy, can you do another one each?" No worries says I and runs off another two. Another couple of weeks and another request, so I print off four copies and think 'that's gotta be it'...until a couple of months later she phones me at home and asks my wife if she can ask me to print off yet another copy. My wife says "he's run out of paper" to which the reply is "I've got some old paper." So the next time I saw the widow I told her my wife had got it wrong and that I had run out of ink, not paper, as there was no way she was going to have a hundred and eighty quids worth of Epson ink sitting around at home. I uploaded the picture to Photobucket and gave her the link so she could download the picture herself. That didn't work, she immediately starts moaning that she hasn't got the internet, 'try a friend' says I, 'they haven't either', she says 'and anyway I don't know what all this computer stuff means'.

Now I'm pretty pee'd off as at no time has she even offered to buy me a pint let alone make a contribution to the costs of printing -- do you know how much ink an Epson Photo 3000 A3+ printer uses when it starts up after a couple of weeks?!!

Needless to say, I'll not be offering free prints to anyone ever again as I was made to feel I was being stingy when I didn't keep churning out pictures of this bloke for his widow.

In fact I've wound myself up so much talking about it that I'm going to remove the link from Photobucket too, sod it, I'm not a friggin' charity.

Last edited:
I did that once. Just coincidentally I took a picture of a bloke I knew in a pub and gave a copy to him and his wife and thought no more about it. A year later the bloke died (he was ill when I took the picture) and his widow asked me if I could give her another copy. No problem, said I and duly ran one off. A few weeks later and I get from her "My [two] kids would like a copy, can you do another one each?" No worries says I and runs off another two. Another couple of weeks and another request, so I print off four copies and think 'that's gotta be it'...until a couple of months later she phones me at home and asks my wife if she can ask me to print off yet another copy. My wife says "he's run out of paper" to which the reply is "I've got some old paper." So the next time I saw the widow I told her my wife had got it wrong and that I had run out of ink, not paper, as there was no way she was going to have a hundred and eighty quids worth of Epson ink sitting around at home. I uploaded the picture to Photobucket and gave her the link so she could download the picture herself. That didn't work, she immediately starts moaning that she hasn't got the internet, 'try a friend' says I, 'they haven't either', she says 'and anyway I don't know what all this computer stuff means'.

Now I'm pretty pizzed off as at no time has she even offered to buy me a pint let alone make a contribution to the costs of printing -- do you know how much ink an Epson Photo 3000 A3+ printer uses when it starts up after a couple of weeks?!!

Needless to say, I'll not be offering free prints to anyone ever again as I was made to feel I was being stingy when I didn't keep churning out pictures of this bloke for his widow.

In fact I've wound myself up so much talking about it that I'm going to remove the link from Photobucket too, sod it, I'm not a friggin' charity.

It can get you like that :(

Edit: nice one to the OP though (y)

I had a shot chosen to go in the calendar of a local park and the same shot has just won me a place on a photography workshop, it feels good to get a bit of acknowledgement doesn't it :clap:

I posted a screen shot of a couple of my pics on a mug. now I'm getting enquiries...well 2 anyway.
Where's the best place to order photo mugs?
All the usual suspects end up twice the advertised price by the time you've finished.
The last one I bought was from GiftPup.com and cost £7.99 delivered.

Last edited:
Back