SOLVED: Weirdness with Edge

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
So I know the cool kids aren't supposed to use Edge but I quite like it....

Recently, when Edge starts up, it opens the (correct) MS home screen and immediately opens another tab with Google on it. I've turned off everything that would make it do it and it still does. Watching closely it goes to this URL first

------
https://traffic-pixel.com/ping?id=kjdjplhnalcgkamkcidihcodlblkihon&version=7.0.0.2&uid= (what looks like a GYID - I've deleted it here just in case)
------

When I look at the History, this is mysteriously referred to as "sync". Any ideas what's going on? How do I stop it?

Click the 3 dots on the top RHS>settings>on start up and then see what it opens. It may be that the continue where you left off button is turned on.
See if that helps

Click the 3 dots on the top RHS>settings>on start up and then see what it opens. It may be that the continue where you left off button is turned on.
See if that helps

I checked there. It (now) looks like this

1613840531745.png

It used to say "open a new tab" but in this case they both do the same thing. One new tab and another for Google.

It was my AdBlocker. After years of faithful service, AdBlock for YouTube has gone rogue. Time to try uBlock.

Back