some advice please

Name
Tommy
Edit My Images
Yes
OK guys im doing a fashion shoot soon my first one with a model so i am very nervous its a location shoot with both of use happy to go i want some advice about lighting my aim is to do natural light but i don't no weather to take my off camera flash with a 28in westcott or i have 60 umbrella to im thinking of going early morning 10 ish just to make sure the sun (if any) is not at its peak or late afternoon about 5\6 ish what do you guys think

I think I don't know enough about the location or about what your brief is. What is the space that you're shooting in? Is it indoors or outdoors? If it's the latter - is there any natural shade? You say 'fashion' - but are you shooting to emphasise the clothes in particular, or is it more about the model?

Is it personal or paid work? If the latter, then what does your client want? Do you have a style sheet or a look book to work from?

I generally find the rule on gear is, if I don't take it I need it, if I take it I lug it around for a few hours and lose a few pounds.

My way of thinking is that I'll kick myself forever if there was a good opportunity for a shot and I missed it because either I couldn't be bothered to take some gear or I felt I'd look silly. Lastly, I've paid all this money for kit, I want some value out of it!

Back