Some alternative candids.

moomike

TPer Emeritus
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
A Few from my usual wanderings around Liverpool with Carl (Searyous) :)
I normally try to fill the frame when taking portraits but tried to step back a bit for less of an "in your face" shot.
I decided against using longer lenses for the day & only used the 24-70 (ok...at 70mm :LOL:)

C&C welcome & appreciated as usual (y)

Thoughtful1.jpg

Walking.jpg

3. (a little, tiny bit more saturation for this one :LOL:)

Subway_01.jpg

Cheers for looking (y)

Loving them yet again :) I must try your processing, I think I saw it in one of your earlier threads, it really appeals to me. (y)

Cool, I like them....Ive wondered about just standing on the street taking photos. but Feel I may get kicked or something.

I agree, not sure I'd ever be confident enough to do it.

Beautiful set of photos though, I really love what you've done with them.

Cool, I like them....Ive wondered about just standing on the street taking photos. but Feel I may get kicked or something.

Thanks Adele, I'm sure you'd be fine - just try to look official & smile at people as they rush past :LOL:
You should try to find someone to go out photographing with, really adds confidence the first few times (y)

Loving them yet again :) I must try your processing, I think I saw it in one of your earlier threads, it really appeals to me. (y)

Thanks Susane, the processing method is here (y)
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=32174

I agree, not sure I'd ever be confident enough to do it.

Beautiful set of photos though, I really love what you've done with them.

Cheers Will (y) You should just get out there & snap away - I tend to just say that I'm updating my gallery & thought that the person I have photographed looked interesting - only actually had to explain why I was taking a photograph about twice in the whole time I've been doing street photography though.

For me, the processing works better on the first two than the last. Seems quite "gritty".

Nice lens that...

Tis indeed mate, cheers again for that (hope the 24-105's treating you ok (y))
Cheers for the feedback too, I processed the 3rd image a few days ago & didn't realise how different it looked until I'd uploaded it :LOL:

Hi Mike :wave: Nice to meet you*. Nice shots (y) I think I've commented on it before but I really like the processing you've done on these. I think I'll give it a go sometime (need to get the confidence to get the shots in the first place though :p).

*I took a walk around the city centre in the afternoon but didn't see you. I didn't know I'd need to check in the pubs :LOL: Some of my shots are here if you'd like to see them :)

Cool processing (y) #1 for me

#1 and #2 are really good! I like the processing style and going off to read your thread on how you achieved it shortly.

I'm also a little jealous of your courage to get out and do some street photography. It's something I'm quite happy to admit I'm too scared to do!

Stand directly under the flight path of a RAF Harrier making a low and fast flypast at RAF Cottesmore; not a problem.

Stand in the street and photograph people walking past; no chance!

(y) like them mate nice work..
i would love a trip round liverpool one day . hint hint

keep shooting dude

dave(y)

I like your processing mike, and do think the standing back and not in your face approach has gotten you some very good images. (y)

One thing I must ask is by any chance did you get the number of the girl in No.2 :LOL:

Oh yes.... I'm really liking those. :clap:

Very nice mate. Personally I think the processing is slightly overdone, but just my opinion really. I like what it's done, added a gritty feel to them, but IMO has gone that little bit too far.

Apart from that, I'm gonna have to try this street photography myself sometime....

Wow I reeeaaalllly like these, beautifully captured!

Thank you Brittany :)

Very nice mate. Personally I think the processing is slightly overdone, but just my opinion really. I like what it's done, added a gritty feel to them, but IMO has gone that little bit too far.

Apart from that, I'm gonna have to try this street photography myself sometime....

Cheers for the honest opinion mate. I can see how this processing style may not be for everyone (y)

Don't get me wrong, I actually really like the processing style, but I think that in the course of it, it has lost some detail, especially in the facial areas...They seem a bit too smooth and gradienty for my liking (if that makes sense)

The full size images have maintained a lot more detail tbh, even with the extra sharpen before SFW it does seem to lose a lot - my processing style brings out so much detail but at the cost of file size unfortunately. That being said, the face in the 3rd image is not 100% in focus anyway so I think I've just highlighted the problem :p

Cheers again mate (y)

Im with Marcel on this one Mike.
I love your processing usually ... and am secretly very jealous :p
I especially love to see your close-ups & headshots, and Id sell my granny to be able to create animal shots like yours... but for me this set hasnt quite worked this time.
I found the guy in the 1st shot almost looked like a drawing to my eye, a bit HDR and everything I dont like about it.

My pick would be the last shot in the set ... I think the vixen with the red hair works the best. The bold colours lift the image and give an edgy, gritty feel. She looks very commanding striding through your image!

Fair dues for getting out there ... Im too much of a mouse to go shooting around town!

Thanks for the feedback Glo (& the lovely, Granny selling comment :LOL:) :)
I think I'll try a few more subtle versions & get them posted up to see which ones peeps think work best - tis indeed a pain to know when to stop with the processing :LOL:

Think another street photography assignment is in order soon to get everyone out there bothering the local population (y)

I know where youre coming from regarding knowing when to stop with the processing Mike.
Im playing with my latest image right now, trying to give it a bit more 'pop' for the comp and Im very unsure of it.

T
Think another street photography assignment is in order soon to get everyone out there bothering the local population (y)

Erm, its the local population bothering me thats putting me off getting out there :LOL:

Superb! (y) The processing really is excellent imo, tfs.

Very individual processing technique there - it's really makes your work stand out from the crowd. I like it - I actually love the ones that are done to the point where it is hard to tell if it is a drawing or a photo.

Just saw this thread and the photos are great.
Something special about number 2 for me....the girl seems hesitant about something.

I must try your editing technique!

Erm, its the local population bothering me thats putting me off getting out there :LOL:

:LOL::LOL:

Superb! (y) The processing really is excellent imo, tfs.

Cheers Ian (y)

Very individual processing technique there - it's really makes your work stand out from the crowd. I like it - I actually love the ones that are done to the point where it is hard to tell if it is a drawing or a photo.

Thanks Foggy (y)

Just saw this thread and the photos are great.
Something special about number 2 for me....the girl seems hesitant about something.

I must try your editing technique!

Thanks mate (y)

Mike, these are fantastic, and I will be having a read of the processing thread soon too as I love the way you've made them appear. You must have some expert ability and superior confidence to go out in public and take these sort of images. I'd love to... but I too would be worried about getting told to 'ahem' off with that camera.

Great pics Mike.

You must have some expert ability and superior confidence to go out in public and take these sort of images. I'd love to... but I too would be worried about getting told to 'ahem' off with that camera.

Great pics Mike.

:LOL: It's called bare faced cheek mate :LOL:

You should give it a go, just make sure you look official if you can & don't stammer or hesitate when people ask what you're doing "I'm updating my street photography website - you can see the images here if you're interested" etc.

Cheers for the feedback John, very much appreciated (y)

Where can we find this processing technique thread? I have read this topic twice now and seem to be missing something?

Back