Some BIFs

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Some BIFs from recently.

1. Avocet at Teesside nature reserve.

2. Tern hovering, looking for fish. Also Teesside.

3. Gull at Falkirk.

4. Male Osprey, one of a breeding pair, at Loch of the Lowes.

Nikon D90, 3 is with 18-105 VR, rest with 300mm f4 AFS.

There's some very odd halo'ing on that last one... what did you do to it?

I like #3, nice and clear but if its a crop, perhaps a more exciting angle would be better - try turning the crop frame to get corner to corner wing tips or something - you have no horizon to preserve so a little play around might make for a more dynamic shot.

Thanks for the C&C, I tried the angle crop and it works a lot better. Not sure what is causing the haloing in the last, but it is a severe crop, the bird was far away. I was just chuffed to get a shot of an osprey. :)

Thanks for the C&C, I tried the angle crop and it works a lot better. Not sure what is causing the haloing in the last, but it is a severe crop, the bird was far away. I was just chuffed to get a shot of an osprey. :)

Did you adjust the shadows or highlights too much?

I think #1 is great with a real sense of the where Avocets live in at this site and the dominance of man in the environment.

Did you adjust the shadows or highlights too much?

I think #1 is great with a real sense of the where Avocets live in at this site and the dominance of man in the environment.

This place is completely surrounded by heavy industry, and yet you have all this wildlife thriving.

Much nicer that gull now Mike :D

Good captures Mike and the cropped edit does look better, as for the halo, I can see what looks like a halo, but the tail and left hand side top wing seem to not be affected. I am wondering if it is just an illusion with the patch of tree`s behind it being lighter :shrug:

Back