Some bloody great news.....

Edit My Images
Yes
As you guys know, 2007 has been a funny year for me.

However, today I had the best news I have had in an age. A silly thing really, but I had a job interview at London Camera Exchange and have been offered a position in the main Bristol store which absolutely delights me. :)

I had reached the end of the road with my current employer and was looking for a career change and wanted to something that motivates me and interests me, when bang, along came this chance, a job in my favourite industry.

I will have to forgo some camera work as will be working Saturdays now, but hey, thats life, I really am not bothered and the thought of joining the team in what I consider to be Bristol's best camera store is awesome.

I hope I can bring my knowledge and skill to the role as well as learn loads for the people already there.

I really am chuffed to bits. The drinks are on me!!!!! (y)

Pete.

Well done Pedro!!! Discounts for us then?? ;) :D :LOL:

Woooooohooo. Thats great news Diego (I prefer it to Pete :D)
Congratulations, sounds like things are looking up for you!

Nice one mate, a fresh start is all thats needed sometimes and doing something you love will only make work more interesting and enjoyable.

Great News!

As has already been said, you are very lucky if you can find work doing something you love.

PS - What did you do before?

:)

Nice one Pete, well done mate, and good luck for the future(y)

Congrats, Pete. :)

Good news indeed.

Might see you down there.

Excellent - well done! Noticed in another thread you weren't particularly happy with the current job so really pleased you've found something to be passionate about.
I didn't know there was an LCE in Bristol - now I do & will get meself over ther (after 22/8, obviously!) - the guys in Bath are great - very helpful, so I'm sure Bristol will be as good if not better.

Fantastic news! No guesses where most of your wages will be spent.. :LOL: FAR too much temptation there!

Well done Pete (y)

Nice one Pete, well done. :clap:

When I saw the thread title I thought you'd gone and bought a Nikon. :D

Good Luck for your new job!!! :D

Heard some good reports about LCE so well done. :clap: Hope the job turns out to be all you expect.

You can use your influence to get them to open a branch closer to me. (Keighley/Skipton/Bradford)

excellent news Pete, im very pleased for you!

About time you had some good news. Hope it doesn't curtail your photography too much though.

What's the current TP discount on a ef 300 f2.8 L IS ? :)

Ray

Pete, Good luck with your job, always good to hear someone doing what they enjoy. Regards Ian.

As you guys know, 2007 has been a funny year for me.

However, today I had the best news I have had in an age. A silly thing really, but I had a job interview at London Camera Exchange and have been offered a position in the main Bristol store which absolutely delights me. :)

I had reached the end of the road with my current employer and was looking for a career change and wanted to something that motivates me and interests me, when bang, along came this chance, a job in my favourite industry.

I will have to forgo some camera work as will be working Saturdays now, but hey, thats life, I really am not bothered and the thought of joining the team in what I consider to be Bristol's best camera store is awesome.

I hope I can bring my knowledge and skill to the role as well as learn loads for the people already there.

I really am chuffed to bits. The drinks are on me!!!!! (y)

Pete.

Wahay! :) well done! You do realise you will be the man to ask for a review of any lens now though :p

You can use your influence to get them to open a branch closer to me. (Keighley/Skipton/Bradford)

Seconded! :D

Great news, not everyone can have a job they love.
Great stuff,
All the best,
James

a4rhappy2.gif
23_51_4.gif

Good for you Pete ... (y) ... bloody great news indeed ... :cautious: ... for you and all those 'togs who live in/around Bristol ... :D

Hope it all works out for you m8 ... ;)

green-thumb_SML.gif

Congrats again mate. I'll just second what james_death has said.

The one thing in life that many people do, is spend their lives in jobs they hate, just mumbling and moaning, and thinking that's 'their lot'.

Since I left work in 2004 with depression, my attitude to it has changed completely. Why waste almost a 1/3rd of your life doing something you hate? Get doing a job you love!!

Back