Some BTCC from today

Gary

TPer Emeritus
Name
See above
Edit My Images
No
no media pass for me (boo hoo i hear you say) so these are all from the safer side of the fence

tried a few different things too which may not to be of everyones taste (especially the angled shots that Dave wont be happy with :) )

rest at http://www.xynamic.com
gp1846.jpg

gp1873.jpg

gp1859.jpg

gp1869.jpg

gp1866.jpg

gp1865.jpg

gp1860.jpg

nice work Gary, but ram your wonky stuff :D they suck

like the SEATs coming through Surtees and nicely caught on the BM stacking it into the gravel (best place for it eh Joe?)

I often wonder how normally media-passed up photogs pics form the poor side of the fence would turn out and now you have answered my prayers :)

thanks dave, (i think :) )
It was actually good to be on that side of the fence.. Made me use my brain a little bit and try a few new things (most of which didnt work :) )

also, i never new just how much equipment people were using! there is more expensive lenses on that side of the fence than there is in the press room!

maybe i'll upload some of the ones that didnt work so well if i get a mo.

yep, really like the Seat shot, shows a bit more than us wannabes get to see usually.

thanks dave, (i think :) )
It was actually good to be on that side of the fence.. Made me use my brain a little bit and try a few new things (most of which didnt work :) )

also, i never new just how much equipment people were using! there is more expensive lenses on that side of the fence than there is in the press room!

maybe i'll upload some of the ones that didnt work so well if i get a mo.

us mere amateurs need more focal length on our side..

Looking great all of them, except for the last one which doesn't really say anything unless it was from a crucial part of the race?

Looking great all of them, except for the last one which doesn't really say anything unless it was from a crucial part of the race?

i think it was the battle for about 18th somewhere mid race.. so i guess the answer is no :)

you are right, it is a bit boring.. could have done with slower shutter speed on that one

here are a few of the more radical efforts. Not sure i like them so i havent put them in my gallery

gp1881.jpg

Whats so radical about this shot (apart from the portrait format) - its a great shot (y) .
My favourite of the lot though is the 4th in the original set (Civic), really excellent. :)

ps I like the angled shots :)

Nothing wrong with angled shots, i like both types, although tbh, dont think id have gone quite that extreme with the civic, more the bmw. The civic angle would be great looking hill on the approach to druids though.

On another note i like the feeling off speed you can get from slow shutters, i think the vectra would be better if the bonet was a tad sharper, theres some nice nice example of that on your site.

Back