Some candids from South Africa

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Very nice John, that lens is a belter and you've caught some great candids with it...#2 is my fav.

Very nice John, that lens is a belter and you've caught some great candids with it...#2 is my fav.

Thanks and I fully agree with your assessment of the 70-200, a great lens for sure :)

I like 4 and 1. That's a heck of a fruit stall!

Thanks, I like number 4 as well, but I always feel uneasy taking shots of kids in case some evil minded **** gets the wrong idea.

I like them all, but very centre composed shots. I personally prefer candid shots that incorp some of its surroundings with the model/subject off centre.

1, 2 & 3 are street images that are good but don't raise the pulse at all, while No4 really comes alive, it tells a story, and the narrow DOF has kicked the BG OOF while still retaining enough detail to provide context.

1, 2 & 3 are street images that are good but don't raise the pulse at all, while No4 really comes alive, it tells a story, and the narrow DOF has kicked the BG OOF while still retaining enough detail to provide context.

Just what I was thinking, I couldn't have worded it better. Well done John.

I like them all, but very centre composed shots. I personally prefer candid shots that incorp some of its surroundings with the model/subject off centre.

Fair comment - thanks.

Thanks Les, must admit I do like number 4 which, of the set, was the most opportunistic shot, taken from a slow moving car while driving through Soweto.

1 is best and good relaxing shot with lots of interest and happy colours
cheers
geof

Back