Some car snaps

Edit My Images
Yes
Haven't posted in a while so thought I'd stick up a few shots from stuff I've been doing over the past few months.

My own car

BMW 1M Sunset

599GTO (Yes the brakelight needs fixing)

Ferrari 599GTO

Rig shot

Audi A6 motion rig shot

Natural shot (probably the most expensive car I've ever shot)

Ferrari 275 GTB Alloy body

From a road trip

Chelsea Car Club's Ferrari F430

A bit of fun

The Stig's Arab Cousin Sheikh Stig and the Ferrari LaFerrari

An old shot thats been re-edited

BMW 1M in London

I like the 5th one.. the F430, although there's some dodgy photoshop work on the ground, and the sort of rural settings is a bit weird. I still like it, but I'd have chosen a different location.

1st one is shocking compared to the rest.. sorry... it's just pants :)

The 275GTB is a nice, simple image that works well... environment suits it.

I like the 599GTO shot, but the workshop is too cluttered to make it really work.

The 1 series shot, again... out of context. The car doesn't fit the urban thing going on for me. The car doesn't speak of that at all. Lighting seems at odds with the environment too... too much lighting on the car.

The "Stig" shot would have been a really nice without "Sheikh Stig" :)

I like the 5th one.. the F430, although there's some dodgy photoshop work on the ground, and the sort of rural settings is a bit weird. I still like it, but I'd have chosen a different location.

1st one is shocking compared to the rest.. sorry... it's just pants :)

The 275GTB is a nice, simple image that works well... environment suits it.

I like the 599GTO shot, but the workshop is too cluttered to make it really work.

The 1 series shot, again... out of context. The car doesn't fit the urban thing going on for me. The car doesn't speak of that at all. Lighting seems at odds with the environment too... too much lighting on the car.

The "Stig" shot would have been a really nice without "Sheikh Stig" :)

Thanks for your feedback, yes your right about the dodgy PS work on the ground of the f430 shot - well spotted! The location is what it is, had no choice but I like it. The 599 again not choice over the environment so I lit in a sense to show the cluttered location it happened to be in. As for the 1M not suiting the urban thing - I'd disagree with that and the graffiti suits it too, now that I own one too (see pic 1). I also have versions of the LaF without the Sheikh Stig.

Glad you took the crit as it was intended.

BMW in an urban environment? Still not sure about that. It may be a 1 series, but the BMW brand is an aspirational one, and there's nothing I can see in the car, or it's owners (as a generalisation) that would put it in that environment. If it was an Escalade, Hummer, or an obviously modified hot hatch.. yeah... then I'd get it, but a clean looking 1 series down a grimy graffiti splattered back alley? Hmmm. We'll have to disagree on that one :)

Still... all good work. I only comment on work that's worth improving these days, as people who are genuinely making work of quality appreciate feedback, whereas the snappers just spit their dummies out.

Post up the La Ferrari shot.. sans Stig.

The 430 - not sure about the PS work but the lighting looks all kinds of wrong.....

Glad you took the crit as it was intended.

BMW in an urban environment? Still not sure about that. It may be a 1 series, but the BMW brand is an aspirational one, and there's nothing I can see in the car, or it's owners (as a generalisation) that would put it in that environment. If it was an Escalade, Hummer, or an obviously modified hot hatch.. yeah... then I'd get it, but a clean looking 1 series down a grimy graffiti splattered back alley? Hmmm. We'll have to disagree on that one :)

Still... all good work. I only comment on work that's worth improving these days, as people who are genuinely making work of quality appreciate feedback, whereas the snappers just spit their dummies out.

Post up the La Ferrari shot.. sans Stig.

i wouldnt say BMW is an aspirational brand - maybe 20 years ago. Now its very much mainstream. I have a brand new 5 series and I didnt particularly want it, but it was cheaper than ford mondeo, vauxhall insignia etc.

Back