Some cockpit shots.. Lightning, Buccaneer, Valiant

Name
John Moncrieff
Edit My Images
Yes
No CC required. Just a few snaps from our visit to the Highland Aviation Museum at Inverness Airport..

Well worth a visit if you're ever in the area (open at weekends only). Wouldn't mind visiting again and spending more time on taking photos.

Lightning..
_JJM1653.jpg

_JJM1604.jpg

A 'cosy' fit!
_JJM1595.jpg

One of the Buccaneer cockpits.
_JJM1639.jpg

Vickers Valiant
_JJM1609.jpg

Handley Page Dart Herald

_JJM1616.jpg

John

Nice shots, looks a bit cramped in the jet shots!

I was at the Midland Air Museum last week for something to do, quite enjoyed it as it was literally just me there wandering around, but couldn't get to sit in the cockpits, although looking at myself I wouldn't get out :D

looks like there is no room in the lighting

I see a lightning everyday as we have one as a gate guardian at work

The guy I sit next to served his time on the lightning. He says they were a right b*tch to work on because of the lack of room, but he still loves them.

Just wish they were still allowed to fly in the uk

I see a lightning everyday as we have one as a gate guardian at work

The guy I sit next to served his time on the lightning. He says they were a right b*tch to work on because of the lack of room, but he still loves them.

Just wish they were still allowed to fly in the uk

Where is there a Lightning in the Rossendale Valley? PLEASE! :love:

as a matter of interest what is the long rubber thing sticking out in the lightning cockpit ?

Interesting shots indeed.

Never ceases to amaze me how some of these older aircraft look so sleek from outside, but the cockpits look like they have been knocked up in someone's garden shed.

Back