Some cute cubbie wubs

Edit My Images
No
Just got back from another very rewarding trip to the Masai Mara....first up some adorable cubs of the Gorge pride, there were 10 of the cute little fluffballs. The day before we saw them 2 were killed by a nomadic male Lion.

1842656635_f98fc1d1db_o.jpg

1906322785_6044381074_o.jpg

MG2R0586.jpg

MG2R0517.jpg

MG2R1551.jpg

We only got a couple of hours in the morning before they tired themselves out and spent the rest of the day asleep.

Enjoy :D

excellent set of pics, Do you see the big 5 while out there?

Brilliant photos you must be so pleased!

I can't pick a favourite, they are all fantastic! (Ladylens - ha ha ha...)

Awwww! (y)

Love the 1st and 2nd shots

Love them all, but the facial expression on No2 is just brill. It says to me - this dam end WILL come off!!!

Very nice indeed!

Another place for the todo list :)

edit: just looking at your kit list - what did you take with you on a trip like this? I can see 700mm in the exif so that one is easy to guess :)

Nice shots you have here, But I think the cubs are a little confused as they seem to be dining on some fine twigs instead of a rump steak :p

Glad you had another nice trip out there Mr Notch. Grrrr. :razz: Not jealous at all really. ;)

All very nice again Notch. ;) Have to be picky though and say that number 4 was a missed opportunity. Swing that camera round to portrait and get his feet in next time you're out there. Though I expect he'll be a bit bigger next time eh? :D

I guess you've been hanging around with Jonathan again?

excellent set of pics, Do you see the big 5 while out there?

All the big 5 and so much more :D

Lyndon, These are superb shots. How come the nomadic Lion got so close? Glad to hear the Masai did not let you down ... Very envious.

The male Lion was one of the Marsh pride he chased off the 3 Lionesses then quickly dispatched 2 cubs, the remaining cubs managed to get into a crack in the gorge into which the male could not follow, eventually he got bored and moved on. Just goes to show how vulnerable cubs are, only 50% reach adulthood.

Very nice indeed!

just looking at your kit list - what did you take with you on a trip like this? I can see 700mm in the exif so that one is easy to guess :)

Managed to squeeze all my kit on the trip but for the majority i used a 500mm with 1.4 TC & my 100-400mm.

I guess you've been hanging around with Jonathan again?

Yes Jonathan was on the trip again, he does add an extra special touch to the experience.

Great shots, love them all!

Back