Some feedback please

gpa

Edit My Images
Yes
Had a complete re think and a great deal of frustration in setting up how I present pictures on my web site. Before i used to upload a complete set of hundreds of pictures into one gallery and felt it was rather labourious trolling through them all so have now decided to split into sections. So for instance the British super bikes now has 6 sections rather than just one........ what are your thoughts ? is there anything else you feel I could improve on ?

Cheers Grant

Link here for you to look at: http://www.gautonphotography.com/MotorSportBikes/British-Superbikes-Thruxton-28

The site looks pretty good to me. I think the biggest mistake you can make is to upload too many photos. As you quite rightly say the bike photos galleries look overcrowded even though you've now split them down. My first impression of the bikes was that so many of the shots were so similar that I wondered why you'd uploaded them all. This is coming from me who doesn't have the slightest knowledge about the sport or any real interest in it, although I have to say you do have some great images there.

Are people really going to trawl through so many samo samo looking images? Why just not be really selective about what you upload -just put your best up there on a 'less is more' basis?

I might add I'm guilty of this myself and my site is well overdue for a thin out. I like the look of Smugmug btw, I might have a look at that myself when my current hosting runs out.

ho are you aiming your site at? Competitors? Fans? Sponsors?

The site looks pretty good to me. I think the biggest mistake you can make is to upload too many photos. As you quite rightly say the bike photos galleries look overcrowded even though you've now split them down. My first impression of the bikes was that so many of the shots were so similar that I wondered why you'd uploaded them all. This is coming from me who doesn't have the slightest knowledge about the sport or any real interest in it, although I have to say you do have some great images there.

Are people really going to trawl through so many samo samo looking images? Why just not be really selective about what you upload -just put your best up there on a 'less is more' basis?

I might add I'm guilty of this myself and my site is well overdue for a thin out. I like the look of Smugmug btw, I might have a look at that myself when my current hosting runs out.

Agreed and cull has started, it was more to see if people prefered to see different races with the over race day so they did not end up trolling through one lot of pictures covering all the races for the day. Apreciate your feedback.

grant

In that case less is more. I'd about 3 shots from each race, try to avoid repeating shots of the same car.

Back