Some from The Lakes

Name
Mark Littlejohn
Edit My Images
No
Not posted for a bit on here but going through a keen spell at the moment (and contemplating swapping from my Pentax so will be browsing the various Nikon/Canon debates). Usual time of day for me is dawn although there is a sunset in there as well.

Beautiful! Great composition and processed very nicely, love 'em all! (y)

These are very good, to enable critique, it woud be helpful if you could number your images?

1&4 are sublime, and excellent use of light, No2 is probably my favourite, but I'd be tempted to crop a smidgen from the bottom.

No3 while still good, is the weakest of the bunch, but it's still a steller line up :)

Excellent set my friend..!

Mark

This is absolutely an amazing set, you've really got some talent, keep up the good work

What a beautiful set.
1, 2, 4 and 5 are especially good.
I would be VERY proud of these if they were mine :)

(contemplating swapping from my Pentax so will be browsing the various Nikon/Canon debates).

Don't waste your time. Nikon looses :naughty::woot::banana:

Cheers folks.

1&4 are sublime, and excellent use of light, No2 is probably my favourite, but I'd be tempted to crop a smidgen from the bottom.

No3 while still good, is the weakest of the bunch, but it's still a steller line up :)

Thanks - Number 2 is probably my favourite too. Climbed up though the mist before dawn to Falcon Crag. It was the first day back home after 6 days in bloody awful conditions on Skye and Sutherland.

No3 is one of my dog walking pics which is what got me into photography in the first place :) Looking down on Wastwater from just above The Napes.

Bloody hell, I live in the Lakes and never see it like that!!!!!
Fantastic shots, really superb.

Cheers again - when you have a dog that needs as much exercise as this you get to see some nice sights :)

Lovely shots. 1, 2 & 5 are the standouts for me. They are just so peaceful.

Absoloutely Stunning, 1, 2 and 4 are my favourites, buts also like the last one with your dog

Shot 3 is of my favourite lake and it is a very nice photo :)

The other 4 however are simply incredible, they are the kind if photos that got me into photography in the first place!

Envious doesn't come close to how I feel :)
I think you should rent out your dog to togs ;-)

Nice set, I like them all, my eye keeps getting drawn to #5...really like that one..

Wow, fantastic set you have shown here. Im sure any of us would be proud to have any of these in their collection :clap:

I can't comment from a technical point of view, but from an aesthetic point of view they are all absolutely stunning. Number one and two in particular, does it for me.

If I ever get to the stage where I can take photos like this, then I will be a very happy chappy.

Now where's that envy smiley...

I can only echo everyone else's comments. #1 is just beautiful and I love the way you have captured mans best friend surveying his kingdom in the last.
You have a natural talent there :clap:

Awesome, these are the sort of shots that inspire me to get out and about. Great work.

Thanks again for all the comments.

Is the 1st shot HDR?

Nope - all single shots processed in Lightroom 4. Colour not entirely natural in Number 1 due to the B&W 110 filter and a 161 second exposure. I liked it so left all colour settings as they were. The church spire also had a couple of tweaks in Silver Efex.

Yes they are fantatsic! If you're thinking of a new camera, I just got my hands on a d7000 - love it!

The K-5 has more or less the same sensor and allegedly a better dynamic range. New camera will be full frame - it just depends which lenses suit me better although I'm leaning towards the D800 at the moment.

Thats a lovely set of images

Back