pochard.jpg

Canada Goose

canada.jpg

Sparrow Hawk

sprawk.jpg

Very Nice set indeed

Love the Sparrow Hawk:D

Les (y)

Nice set with the Canada Goose being my fav. The Pochard hurts my eyes though.

Potentially there are some real beauties here John. Number 2 could be a classic. Love the Sparrow Hawk despite the plastic fork handle. Noise on some images needs sorting.(y)

I think that this is a nice set of images John. If I was to pick a favourate it would be the Sparrow Hawk. In No1 the whites are a little blown and I think the Black Redstart is a little underexposed. Nevertheless they are still a nice set of shots.

Regards: Gordon

Nice set - liking the Canada goose best
Thanks for sharing
B-)

Many thanks for the comments.

I have checked the levels on the whites on the grebes and am fairly sure that they are ok. The redstart unfortunately would not play ball and I was always taking against the light which takes away the crispness of the image. If it was possible to get around the other side of the bird I am sure that the picture would have looked better, unfortuanately whenever I tried this the bird was long gone. The noise must have increased during the reduction for web use. I am happy with the 16 bit tiffs about 80-90mb, these are saved in two layers with one layer containing the high pass sharpening which I can reduce if required , there is a small amount of noise but well within what I would expect.

I will say that the canada is my favourite. This was taken lying down next to the pond on Dawlish Warren. I am always interested in the challenge of trying to get interesting images of the more common birds.

Back