some from today....

stan the man

Nutkicker
Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
i always seem to struggle getting the landscape shots i want,struggling with composition etc...but having not done any for a good while,decided to try again today whilst out for a few hours with my wife....

C+C most definately welcome,as i need to improve....

#1 carreg cennen castle
DSC04543.jpg

#2 view over the beacons
DSC04549.jpg

#3 view over the beacons 2
DSC04550.jpg

#4 waterfall
DSC04553.jpg

thanks for looking (y)

Some great photos! IMO:
1. really like it, good composition and great feature :D
2. Like it, like the plants in the foreground too!
3. Dont like the plants in the foreground of this one, the back ground is interesting enough, you dont really need them, and the foreground plants are big and right in the middle, its very distracting, i would prefer if you stepped past all the plants and took a picture of only that nice landscape!
4. Like it very much, but i think a longer shutter speed would of made it a bit nicer

The castle in #1 needs lifting, but my, what an amazing place, and with some PP a super picture. #2 and #3 could do without the weeds. Foreground interest is good, but it needs to be interesting. Dead thistles and amputated clumps of grass are not interesting - you actually spoiled two really good shots because you had read somewhere that you had to have something in the foreground. You don't. #4 is nice pretty much as it is. I am not convinced that you needed a longer shutter speed.

cheers both..appreciate you taking the time to comment (y)

number 1...i think i've overcooked the contrast a little..horrocks,your version is much better

numbers 2+3...mmmmm,your right..tried to add some foreground interest,but hasn't seemed to have hade the desired effect :bonk:

number 4...i quite like,and having left my ND filters at home made it impossible to get a longer shutter speed :bonk:

Hi Mark, I like your first immensely just as is. The tonal range gives depth and drama to your picture.

Hi Mark, I like your first immensely just as is. The tonal range gives depth and drama to your picture.

Mark, don't take any notice of Mark. He's Australian;)

Or Tasmanian. Lucky devil.

You have to do something about that horrid PHDR edit I did to your castle. I mean I think its the right move, but it needs to be done properly!

Last edited:
Back