Some garden macros

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
These are just superb. It's reason why I come on here to see pictures like this.

Tell me about it regarding the Butterfly eggs and nasturtiums. Not withstanding the fact our Nasturtiums have gone absolutely bonkers but a very large number of the leaves have had clutches of eggs laid and then hatched into those writhing groups of caterpillars :)

Superbly captured shots here. Love the fact you got the eggs and the cats in the shots. Nice shots on the Ladybird too :)

Tell me about it regarding the Butterfly eggs and nasturtiums. Not withstanding the fact our Nasturtiums have gone absolutely bonkers but a very large number of the leaves have had clutches of eggs laid and then hatched into those writhing groups of caterpillars :)

Superbly captured shots here. Love the fact you got the eggs and the cats in the shots. Nice shots on the Ladybird too :)

Cheers.

Our nasturtiums were doing OK, but we're currently down to only a couple of leaves. There are currently hundreds of Large white caterpillars, and a couple of small whites.

They'll be running out of food in the next day or two sadly....

Wasps are picking a few off, which is interesting to watch, and up to now been too hard to get on film!

Looks like I am going to have to start saving the pennies for a new Macro Lens.

Lovely set :) #1 for me.

The Large White butterflies seem intent on laying eggs on every nasturtium leaf in the garden.

newborns... by markhortonphotography, on Flickr

newborns... by markhortonphotography, on Flickr

And a very obligingly positioned Harlequin ladybird

Harlequin Ladybird (Harmonia axyridis) by markhortonphotography, on Flickr

really stunning!!!!!!!!!!

please don't quote the entire post including the pictures for the reply, not good forum etiquette ;)

Back