Some Grain Silo`s HDR

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Been meaning to take some shots of these Grain silo`s and I`ve had a little play in photoshop done a little HDR
c+c as always welcome

Keith Drake Grain Silo`s by RD400e, on Flickr

Last edited:
I think that this would have been improved if you could have managed to avoid the massive colour fringeing in the clouds, and maybe taken steps to avoid what appears to have been lens flare in at least one of the source shots...

It may have some potential as a black and white conversion though... had a quick look in CS5, and the sky's just a little far gone in the reduced for web version you've posted, but I'm betting you could get something interesting out of the originals

as far as the subjects are concerned they have great potential for shooting.. but i think the treatment you've given them here makes them look overdone.

Looking at the sky i think it could have worked well in a moody black & white too (y)

Thanks for the input mark and Leigh
I was shooting this with the sun just to my left and it was the first time I`ve really had a play with the cokin p filters I`am going back there it`s just down the road from me to try again and take onboard what tp folk say to improve the shot but must be quick heard there knocking it all and to make a super market
Any way here`s one in infared that I did
again c+c welcome

Keith Drake Grain Silo`s Infared by RD400e, on Flickr

Does look like a great place for a shoot,wouldn't mind seeing a straight b&w conversion of this

Is the blown out sky in the first HDR a result of your HDR processing or a case of not having an image that was with enough sky detail in your HDR set.

Back