Some interestingly shaped splogs

Edit My Images
Yes
Had another go tonight, quite pleased with how they turned out.

#1 The elusive mid-air splash:

DoubleDrop1Edit.jpg

#2 The drop on the left is hugging the drop on the right

DoubleDrop2.jpg

#3 Going in for the kiss! (check out the mini-droplet in the white one too)

DoubleDrop3Edit.jpg

#4 Take a seat...

DoubleDrop4.jpg

#5 Just at the begining of the mid-air splash, look right at the top

DoubleDrop5.jpg

Thanks to all for the advice from other pictures :)

There are some really lovely shapes in there, nay, fab shapes, but I'm not too keen on the colours.

Do you mind sharing what shutter speed they are at please?

There are some really lovely shapes in there, nay, fab shapes, but I'm not too keen on the colours.

Do you mind sharing what shutter speed they are at please?

Thanks, and fair do's! Error in the first few was having blue drops and a blue background :( didn't get as pretty patterns in the following ones with the yellow background.

They are all taken at 1/200. F8, if I recall correctly, with flash and a lamp near by. ISO 100 so I can zoom in.

I do prefer the yellow background - it's all down to personal taste though. I really like the blue splot against the yellow, very contrasting.

Thought it would've been a higher shutter speed for the way they are frozen. I must try some of these.

Brilliant!!:clap: Another one on my "must do" list... I love the strange floating double blob in #1.

Carl

Yeh! Put those CD's and glycerin away and get out the milk and syringes!

Thanks, it's quite cool yeh :)

Very good some great shapes and colors. Great fun isn't it doing this sort of photography.

Allan

It really is! If a little, ney, VERY, messy.

I do prefer the yellow background - it's all down to personal taste though. I really like the blue splot against the yellow, very contrasting.

Thought it would've been a higher shutter speed for the way they are frozen. I must try some of these.

Yeh, I just didn't get as many cool shapes in that particular set of photos, unfortuently. Couldn't get the mid air collision again however much I tried!

And 1/200 is the highest I can get with flash on... seems to work though.

Well done - Collision in No.1 for me:clap:

Thank you :)

nice stuff mate.

been meaning to try a few more of these but blinking x mass is in the way :-( lol

Excellent set and I really like the solid feel of the liquid you have used (y)

Really good! I particularly like 1,3 & 5 and the colours are excellent (y)

Brilliant water drop shots, you either have good timing are are very lucky!

Back