Some KF's from today

Name
Jerry
Edit My Images
Yes
Not posted here for a while, but decided to brave the showers and get some fresh air. So pleased to see some Kingfishers to brighten up the day. Enjoy

Kinfisher444.jpg

Kinfisher222.jpg

Kinfisher333.jpg

Well done Jerry, pleased that you have at last got some shots of the KF's.

Regards: Gordon

(y) very nice not one kingfisher but 3 in one shot super where abouts where they taken

(y) very nice not one kingfisher but 3 in one shot super where abouts where they taken

In fact there were 5 but best I could get together was the 3 of them, there are 2 Adults and 3 juveniles. I think, but can't be sure that the middle one is the parent and the others are the young, as he had a fish and fed the one on the left.

These are at Fairburn Ings Reserve, West Yorkshire

no.3 for me also! great crisp shots!

Would love to see just 2 together...I would be shaking then, never mind FIVE.....FANTASTIC.

keith (y)

Lucky you, I can't remember the last time I even saw a kingfisher let alone had the chance to take a photo.

fantastic pictures Jerry never seen more than 2 together in my life and that was a long time ago as a kid with my dad. Any tips on where we need to be at fairburn to catch a glimse the mrs has never seen one and would love to.

Cheers

JD

Thanks for the info jerry can I also ask what set up you where using to capture these shots
cheers
mick

fantastic pictures Jerry never seen more than 2 together in my life and that was a long time ago as a kid with my dad. Any tips on where we need to be at fairburn to catch a glimse the mrs has never seen one and would love to.

Cheers

JD

Thanks for the comments, I only saw 2 last year and never got close enough to even get half decent pictures even with a 500mm lens!
At Fairburn they can be clearly seen from the Kingfisher screen area. Yesterday the 3 juveniles were happy to sit out even in the rain, the parents had more sense and just made occasional trips out, presumably to check on the young, but we saw them quite a bit during the hour we spent watching them.

Great set. #3 is obviously the stand out because it is more than a picture. Its a story
Thank you

Thanks for the info jerry can I also ask what set up you where using to capture these shots
cheers
mick

I have a Nikon D300s and was using a Sigma 150-500 OS lens. I did take a few with my 70-200 VRII but they needed too much cropping so went with the Sigma. Most were taken around 1/100sec, f8.0, Focal length 450mm, Auto ISo which selected 800 due to dul conditions.

Back