Some local foggy woodland shots

Edit My Images
No
These shots were taken last week in my local area - Horsford Woods and Blickling Estate/Park.

I was lucky enough to catch the fog on a couple of mornings (which always helps)

Hope you like

16944526630_f4f2df5464_h.jpg

17119402092_1c15c1da6d_h.jpg

17084414756_992ac71840_h.jpg

17075697126_c09d263037_h.jpg

16904977139_282ad529e0_h.jpg

17043327606_adb4e6985e_h.jpg

Nice set, Numbers 1,3 and 4 for me. The first one is very beautiful. I like the group of smaller tree's in the background, the main tree (even though very central) is balanced well in composition. Maybe a squarer crop might be an alternative/extra image?

Andy's right, it is a nice set, my favourite being number three. Lovely light.

In the first, I'd like to have seen the distant stand of trees to one side of the foreground tree or another, and the whole thing less centralised.

I keep returning to the final image too. It has a spooky air to it.

Very nice Matt,

Was hoping to pop over there myself at some point. 1,3 and 5 for me.

Really nice set. Number three really does it for me. I'm finding the diagonal tree in number two very distracting.

Really nice set. Number three really does it for me. I'm finding the diagonal tree in number two very distracting.

^ Same for me as well, No.3 just jumped at me from the set.

Yep really nice, number 1 has good atmosphere and I personally prefer the simple tranquility of number 5 of the colour photos

Number 3 is excellent. Number 1 a close second, and a nice take on the usual lone tree b&w shot - the distant stand of trees makes it bit different. Agree with John about the square crop, I think that'd improve it further.

I'm always a sucker for trees!
I really like the composition in No1 The single tree and the copse behind, nice I like that.... Seems a lot of dead space either side.... Wonder how it would look with a square crop. Nice shot!
No2 like Beech woods... something doesn't ring with this one cant put my finger on it. I find the dead branch on the ground distracting but that's just me! Like the shot, Mist and Beech trees (y).
No3 Very nice! Excellent light, love the way the sunlight is hitting the golden ferns.
No4 uummm Lightning Tree! Really nice texture. Vignette is just about right.
No5 Great light there, and really nice colour in the ferns contrasting against the grass.
No6 bit moodier and lovely light again love those shafts of light.

Nice work Matt, Great set! I've noticed now that some of my comment are similar to those above, I guess this just underlines them;)... I always make a point of not reading the previous comments on a post, simply so that previous posts don't affect my comments. (rightly or wrongly).
Good Stuff(y)

Back