Some London tourist Photos (B&W)

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Wife and I deceided to go on a long weekend city break to London over the weekend. Weather on Friday was beautiful but on the other days very overcast (but no rain the whole time we were there :))

I know these are very cliched photos that every tourist gets, but I've never shot them before. Processed in CS5 and Nik Silver Effects Pro 2 (Shot on a Nikon D7000 with the 16-85 VR). Hope you like ?

St Pauls Cathedral from the millenium bridge by Sootchucker, on Flickr

St Pauls Cathedral by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Westminster from the London Eye by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Big Ben from the London Eye by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Westminster Abbey by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Took over 900 shots on the 4 day trip and these are the first to be processed.

Like the processing, last three in particular have that old clear news photo look (y)

Great series Andrew.
The clarity and detail on some of them is astonishing.

Nice set.

My only complaint is that I'd want a little more space at the top of the Westminster Abbey and Nelson's Column shots. St Paul's close-up is a tad on the tight side too, but it's just about OK

Nicely done. (y)

There's a reason they're cliches... because they're great scenes. Why would you visit somewhere and not take a few of the classics?

The cloudy sky behind Nelson's Column and Westminster Abbey really make the shots for me.

I like the shots from the eye a lot too, I can see the eye from the office and you wouldn't believe the amount of flashes I see going off in the pods!:wacky:

Not too straight mate :LOL:
58055173bigbencomp464.gif

Last edited:
I like the shots taken from the Eye. Touristy they may be, but they're special to you I'm sure!

Know what you mean about some of them being a bit tight, but I was backed up up as far as I could and still needed to shoot upwards (so the mega converging verticals). Tried to correct as best I could in PS, but as you know, when you do perspective correction, you do end up loosing some of the image, that's why they appear so tight.

Last edited:
Back