CRW_8124s.jpg

CRW_8112s.jpg

CRW_8129s.jpg

CRW_8163s.jpg

CRW_8154s.jpg

CRW_8128s.jpg

CRW_8160s.jpg

CRW_8131s.jpg

All taken with my Sigma 105mm Macro and 430EX. For some (Definitely the ant shot, not sure about some of the others) I used stacked Kenko extension tubes.

This was physically the most demanding 'shoot' I have ever done - the heat / humidity was almost unbearable and my clothes were wringing wet afterwards!

Certainly found some good subjects in your garden ;)

So where were this lot taken then ?

Oh and nice job on the photos :)

DRZ said:
This was physically the most demanding 'shoot' I have ever done - the heat / humidity was almost unbearable and my clothes were wringing wet afterwards!

How come - was this in some sort of heated reptile/insect environment?

Well that's all we need around here...more macro competition! :D Seriously those are lovely shots Doc, nice exposure and processing. :clap:

Indeedy - in a heated enclosure at Butterfly World in Edinburgh (I was up in Scotland visiting the GF). Tropical rainforest weather 24/7!

Bit horrible really because within 30s of stepping inside, the sweat was dripping from my chin :/ It took my poor 300D about 5 minutes to acclimatise too!

Excellent set of shots DRZ ... well exposed and composed pretty much all of them ... (y)

Now find another subject/style ... :D

:p

very impressive! i really must have a go at this macro lark....

Amazing set of macros, seems the level of macro photography on this site is amazing, always look with awe at the results that people are posting of late (y)

One from tonight. This little chap some kind of moth came into the radio shack tonigh giving me greif.Used flash but focusing was difficult with the low light and ext tubes on my 105 sigma macro lens. Hand held

_MG_5075-01.jpg

Great pics DRZ, I particularly like the lizzard shots!

Tommy 6206 ... thats an amzing macro.
I find it quite funny that a lot of these critters look like cheaply made kids toys when you get in this close. :LOL:

Thanks for sharing guys!

OK Anybody want to buy an EF-S 60mm?

Must get the 180mm L if I want to compete with this!!
GREAT SHOTS THERE GUYS:notworthy:

Back