Some more HDR Sunsets

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Like then very nice and HDR not too overdone.

Well done

Carol

Really like 2, 4, 5 great skies and lovely processing. Not really liking the brickwork in 1 and 3.

Not a big fan of HDR but tese are nice not overdone, the first one is my pick of the bunch

I hate HDR - but these show how it should be done. Only #4 looks a touch over cooked on the grass bank. The rest are great. For me #1 is stunning.

Thanks for everyone's comments, they are very appreciated.

I think they look great. Was it purely HDR or did you use nd filters too?

I didn't use any filters on the camera, I just took 5 exposures and merged them to 32bit in Photoshop then edited them in Lightroom. On some of them I used Lightroom's graduated filter option and on some of them I used the tonal contrast filter in Colour Efex Pro. I also adjusted the warmth in the sky & stuff like that.

There are good video tutorials to do this kind of thing by Trey Ratcliffe & Serge Ramelli on YouTube.

Thanks for everyone's comments, they are very appreciated.

I didn't use any filters on the camera, I just took 5 exposures and merged them to 32bit in Photoshop then edited them in Lightroom. On some of them I used Lightroom's graduated filter option and on some of them I used the tonal contrast filter in Colour Efex Pro. I also adjusted the warmth in the sky & stuff like that.

There are good video tutorials to do this kind of thing by Trey Ratcliffe & Serge Ramelli on YouTube.

Cheers mate I'll have a look

Thanks everyone. Yes I think 2-4 could be desaturated a bit. Number 3 has been a big hit on Flickr. It has had 2153 views and 171 favourites. I normally only get a dozen or so views and the odd favourite for my stuff. People must like brightly coloured sunset photos.

I really like these, like has been said, they're not overdone.

My only criticism is that the railing in 1 and 3 doesn't really do much for the picture IMO.

Great set, like all of them, may I ask what was the variation between the 5 exposures?

Thanks again for everyone's comments.

Great set, like all of them, may I ask what was the variation between the 5 exposures?

The shots were taken 1 stop apart so typically -2, -1, 0, +1, +2. My OM-D can't do a bigger gap than that. These were shot handheld on rapid fire. If they were on a tripod I could shoot a wider range by resetting the camera between shots.

When I use the D60 on a tripod I sometimes use -3, -1, +2 by using exposure offset to get -1.

Back