SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
On arrival the clouds had vanished and the light was harsh...

_DSC2186_DxO_raw by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_DSC2207_DxO by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Later on things got a bit more interesting

_DSC2236_DxO by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Then things got golden

_DSC2292_DxO by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_DSC2295_DxO by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_DSC2301_DxO by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_DSC2311_DxO by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Slightly different orientation

_DSC2315_DxO by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Last edited:
WoW. Scale!

Great pictures Steve! And what a lovely place :D

Yes - you don't need some gimp in a yellow/red jacket to impart scale (sorry seen too many great images on social media wrecked due to someone posing a person with a stupid bright jacket on saying it gives scale).

Obvious things give scale - trees, distant or near rocks.

If you ever go, it really does feel all encompassing and massive - the combination of the narrow valley, 10,000 ft plus mountains, vertical lime stone faces are alien to anything on the British isles where the mountains are lower, glens/valleys wider and shapes less severe.

Yes - you don't need some gimp in a yellow/red jacket to impart scale (sorry seen too many great images on social media wrecked due to someone posing a person with a stupid bright jacket on saying it gives scale).

Obvious things give scale - trees, distant or near rocks.

If you ever go, it really does feel all encompassing and massive - the combination of the narrow valley, 10,000 ft plus mountains, vertical lime stone faces are alien to anything on the British isles where the mountains are lower, glens/valleys wider and shapes less severe.

It does look my sort of place and I'd love to go but circumstances mean that I wont get a holiday anywhere for the foreseeable.

It does look my sort of place and I'd love to go but circumstances mean that I wont get a holiday anywhere for the foreseeable.

It was there long before you and I came here and will be long after we are gone. The short term may be bleak - but it'll be there if you can get there in the medium to long term.

I aim to be back there later this year.

Back